Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, this is my first post so if i do something wrong let me know
Has anyone run dual pipes from the catalitic converters with no mufflers out to the back ?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Probably. Search here and search youtube for videos.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I did a "Y" pipe replacing the stock muffler and left the factory tailpipe. The interior noise was unbearable. I tried adding a 3"x18" glasspack blank and the interior resonance was still so bad that you could not hold a civil conversation inside the cab. I reinstalled the factory muffler, less the resonator.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I did a "Y" pipe replacing the stock muffler and left the factory tailpipe. The interior noise was unbearable. I tried adding a 3"x18" glasspack blank and the interior resonance was still so bad that you could not hold a civil conversation inside the cab. I reinstalled the factory muffler, less the resonator.
I tried getting the V-8 rumble and replaced the stock with a high-end, 'efficient' muffler. Out side, the sound was just beautiful-- like our cabin cruiser when idling-- inside, though was torture at cruise. The mind-numbing, over-powering resonance/burble was strongest at exactly those RPMs which we use on the inter-states.

My new truck is staying stock.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cant say as I have but as mentioned in a earlier post I think YouTube has some info. I had the Catback Borla installed on mine...sounds great !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts