Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting new tires on my 2008 Tundra. Deciding between Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo II or Nokian Vatiiva AT. I live in a cold snowy climate and often drive rough rocky roads.

Any thoughts between these two tires?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I am putting new tires on my 2008 Tundra. Deciding between Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo II or Nokian Vatiiva AT. I live in a cold snowy climate and often drive rough rocky roads.

Any thoughts between these two tires?

Any reason why you are looking at just these two? :confused: They do not seem to get the best of the reviews overall (even though they are okay).

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I had the revo's on my 4runner and Tundra. Excellent tire! Not as long lasting as others (around 60k miles) but they grip the road very well. They never had any problems in snow or rain and were quiet for the aggressive tread.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I ran the Nokian's on an '02. Great tire off and on road as well as in snow and has some siping for ice. Great tread wear, would have no problem buying or recommending them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had revo's on my last two trucks. Great tire in the rain and light off-road. It is an AT not Mud tire. I have gotten what I think is good milage out of both sets, with 48,000 on my last truck, 44,000 on this truck. I am about ready for a new set of tire on my current truck, not the tires fault, I like to light up the tires from time to time. so I think I will hit 50K out of this set.

That said I will be going with a differnt tire this time. Only because I want a taller tire. If they had a 295/70 R18 It would be my next tire.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have the Nokian's on my truck now. They are load range E. They replaced the stockers. So I don't really have anything to compare too. My only complaint with them, is that they were noisy for the first 6,000 miles or so. Not terribly loud, but it was a certain pitch that was very irritating on long highway trips. I suppose this is from the siping. The E load range makes for a harder ride too, but thats to be expected. Overall I have no complaints. They really look good when cleaned up and they are different then what everyone else is running. Everything Ive read about Nokians put them as a premium tire.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bet they would hold up fine. The sidewalls are very durable and deep treads.

One thing I noticed though you need to keep them rotated or the front tires start to wear on the edges. I still can't find a good tire presure either.... Load Range E is a mixed blessing.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Quick question, I've heard some noisy tires on the road with different pickup trucks. Constant humming at all speeds, is this typical of an A/T tire or an M/T tire?

I was looking at down the road replacing my tires with the Dueler AT Revo II but not at the expense of additional noise.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Quick question, I've heard some noisy tires on the road with different pickup trucks. Constant humming at all speeds, is this typical of an A/T tire or an M/T tire?

I was looking at down the road replacing my tires with the Dueler AT Revo II but not at the expense of additional noise.
'Noisy' is relative. A/T tires and M/T tires are generally noisier than 'street' tires. Revo II, however, is relatively quiet compared to other AT tires such as BFG AT. BFG seems to do better off-road, however, than Revo II. If you do most of your driving on road, Revo II may be a good option.

·
Registered
179 Posts
revos are great in traction and comfort. my only problem is they don't last very long. not sure if i would buy them again for $700

1 - 13 of 13 Posts