Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I've done some searches regarding the removal of the cargo bed and still have a silly question. Is it possible to remove the bed and leave the bumper assembly attached? I guess I could just start disassembling it and find out, but it would be nice to know ahead of time. I plan to remove the bed to do some body work and paint in my garage.:ts:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would pull the bumper. The bed is heavy and you have to go way up with it if you try and leave the bumper. Dangerous even
if it can be done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, good to know. I will be extra cautious if I do decide to lift it over the bumper. Now I need to think about what I can use to keep it up off the ground in my garage.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I have a replacement bed in my yard right now waiting to go on our Tundra and I can tell you my wife and I can pick it up and move it OK (she's no wuss that girl!) but if I wanted to clear the bumper I would want 4 average strength folks or two burly dudes to fly it up that high. I have the bed sitting on two sawhorses (one at the tailgate end, one at the headboard end) and it sits fine in the garage and also outdoors that way. Of course take out the lights and remove the tailgate first before lifting it too, the lights for their own safety and the tailgate for the weight savings. Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts