Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I need a bed liner and don't want a drop in. Really wanted line x but all the dealers in my area want $400+(way to much for me). For $96 at jegs for the kit with $25 rebate I couldn't pass it up.

I installed it over the weekend and it turned out great so far. I still have to put my deck rails, bed/tail gate caps, and the bed bolts back on. Pic is bellow.

And here is a link for it at jegs

Duplicolor Bed Armor Truck Bed Liner - JEGS

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Looks sweeeet.

I have used the Herculiner before (on my last two trucks, my father-inlaw's and my dads old dodge). I like the look of this more. let us know how it wears.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just did mine this weekend with FX Liner and turned out similar to what you have, seems to hold up just fine keep you guys posted

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Are you going to clear coat the top of the bolts ? Mine was already sprayed when I bought the truck. The bolts were rusted over and looked terrible next to the nice clean bedliner. Just a thought before you have to media blast them and coat them like I did .

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Looks great, now you just have to see how it holds up over time.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Nice! I used "Herculiner" too with my '07. It turned out good, but boy was it a pain in the azz to sand down! I'm not sure if you have to do this with the Dupont product, but with the Herculiner, you had to sand down the whole clear-coat so it would stick better.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! I used "Herculiner" too with my '07. It turned out good, but boy was it a pain in the azz to sand down! I'm not sure if you have to do this with the Dupont product, but with the Herculiner, you had to sand down the whole clear-coat so it would stick better.
Yes you have to sand it down also. The prep work took most of the time and was the hardest part. Putting the 2 coats of the liner was the easy part.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Well I need a bed liner and don't want a drop in. Really wanted line x but all the dealers in my area want $400+(way to much for me). For $96 at jegs for the kit with $25 rebate I couldn't pass it up.

I installed it over the weekend and it turned out great so far. I still have to put my deck rails, bed/tail gate caps, and the bed bolts back on. Pic is bellow.

And here is a link for it at jegs

Duplicolor Bed Armor Truck Bed Liner - JEGS
Can you post some close up pix so I can get a better look at the texture? I wanted to LineX my grill guard, but I'm in the same boat as you. They wanted over $300 and the closest dealer is 180 miles away.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you post some close up pix so I can get a better look at the texture? I wanted to LineX my grill guard, but I'm in the same boat as you. They wanted over $300 and the closest dealer is 180 miles away.
Here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
looks like those bed bolts are still loose....dont come posting about bed bounce hahahahahahahaaha jk. looks nice.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like those bed bolts are still loose....dont come posting about bed bounce hahahahahahahaaha jk. looks nice.
LOL. They sure were. Left them lose over night just in case.

im going to be honest...it looks like black mud in your bed...
:cry3d: j/k
Ya, it kinda does. But its black mud with kevlar and doesnt crack when dry. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
VooDooDan

It looks great I'm waiting for my kit come in. I have a question

what size are the bolts on the bed bolts? and the tailgate?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, voodoodan new member here I just did my 2011 rock worrior lastnight with the same bed armor with kevlar and it sat in a garage at about 70 degrees for 15 hrs with 4 coats on it. Then this morning I drove to work in freezing rain. What are your thoghts do you think I will be ok and is it holding up well for you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts