Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to connect video screens behind each of the front seats of my '05 Tundra Double Cab. I have the built in DVD system and would like to know which wire or wires are the video out so I can splice in and connect the screens. Any help would be great!! Thank you!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are your monitors component or composite. I have tried to do the same thing but the factory dvd is component video, RGB. If your monitors are composite, single yellow rca, then you would need a video transcoder, cheapest i have found is $130 and runs on 115v, to convert the component video to composite video. There is a way to splice into the video out on the dvd player from the 16 pin connector. I have not tested this yet. My concerns is one would need to splice into the video feed going into the monitor and not out of the DVD player. I have disassembled the monitor unit to see if splicing into the wires that go directly into the monitor. I found that the wires are extreamely thin and embedded and a very thin layer of plastic or silicone making it impossible to splice into them. I will be buying the transcoder and splice into the output wires from the dvd to see if that would work, since i already have the headrest monitors sitting at home. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply - The monitor I am using is actually an LCD TV monitor that uses an eighth inch phono plug input (I am sure this is the same as composite). I am hoping to splice into the DVD output for ease of wiring reasons. But it sounds as though just splicing in at the DVD player will not work. I hope you will let me know if your converter works? Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts