Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the forum - sorry to lead off with a question but I need some wisdom! I have a 2001 Tundra and the AC just quit blowing. I can hear the compressor start when I turn it on but no air comes out. I figure that it is a blower motor that has gone out.

So three questions: Does this sound like a blower motor - AND is that the kind of job that a normal joe can tackle on his own - FINALLY if I do need to take it to a mechanic what should I expect it to cost me!

Thanks for everything!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already checked the fuses - when I was banging around in there it kick off all of a sudden (which makes me think that it is absolutely the blower motor). Does anyone know how to install a blower motor on the 2001 Tundra?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My '05 Tacoma kind of did the same thing you are describing. The A/C blower motor would not turn on, but if you were to hit it, it would come on sometimes. I removed the blower, which was held in place by about 3 bolts and 2 wiring harnesses, took the blower assembly apart, cleaned everything, put a little grease on the blower shaft, and it worked great for the six more months that I owned the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts