Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dynomax VT muffler claimed to have no drone with self adjusting valve.
It would be interesting to see how long it will last until it gets stuck in some position:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
That's pretty neat.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wonder how restrictive it is. I like the straight through mufflers myself.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
good for 30 hp too ? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Sorry, but that's nothing new - I've seen similar muffler technology from Benz in some of their SLKs and my last Mitsubishi EVO had a muffler with something like that as well. If I recall, some of the earlier Nissan Maximas had a "gated" muffler too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeah, but does it work? I took off a TRD cat back off my 2008 DC because the drone was so bad. The TRD cat back I had on my 2000 Tundra sounded great all the time and I think the problem with the newer exhausts is that a much deeper tone is now in fashion and the drone is a byproduct of that design.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I had a dynomax Superturbo in 13 inch, SI/DO on my 4.7 liter dakota. It was loud but zero audible drone, unlike my Magnaflow 18 inch. All of the good sounds loud enough for my liking, but no boomy interior resonance under any load conditions. If I wanted another dynomax setup I'd just get another one of them rather than taking a chance on moving parts inside my muffler.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do not know anything about Dynomax and if it will work as they promise:rolleyes:, but can tell that Corsa is the best:D:tu:

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I am just guessing when the exhaust is not flowing much, the flap moves to give access to a resonant chamber to help cancel some drone, then at WOT the flap gets pushed over and the exhaust stream can only go straight through to the exit? Why not just have a proper resonator in the stream permanently, as resonators are usually pretty much straight through (negligible restriction) anyway. I can see that flap going south after a while too.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I'm taking a serious look at this muffler. I like the valve so backpressure can be retained at lower rpm's to retain tq but open up for wot engine performance.

·
Banned
444 Posts
I'm taking a serious look at this muffler. I like the valve so backpressure can be retained at lower rpm's to retain tq but open up for wot engine performance.

You can run Dual 3" exhaust on the tundra and have pleanty of back pressure, Adding a 2 1/4" Muffler not going to change that.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't know much about the dynomax. Found a corsa sport on craigslist for $400.00. Installed it today and this thing rocks !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts