Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a thread on this before, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

My e brake light seems to just turn on randomly. I read previously that the brake fluid could be low. I checked that and everything was fine. I don't have the time or knowledge to be tearing the breaks down in my garage so I'm hoping its something easy.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the thread, thanks. I did check the fluid and it was to the fill line. Maybe I should get it drained and refilled?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing!!! In fact, yesterday, when I stopped at our neighborhood mail box and put it in park, I got back in and noticed that not only was the brake light lit up, but so was the TRAC OFF and VSC TRAC. I have no idea what those lights are about, but I think that it's time for a checkup from the dealer. The truck just earned 90k miles last week and it's an '04. We've never had any major problems and I need it to last for many more years. I'll let you know what I find out. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is sensor issue! Have someone pull the code and guide you to the right one. I have an 04 and does the same thing, by turning the car on and off, it will reset.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check 2 sensors on the brake booster(check error code if there is anything usually it shows as some kind of travel sensor showed on my sequoia) if it is the problem you should change whole booster (toyota don't sell those sensor but booster came with it).
I had same problem year ago and replacebooster.
Booster is expensive and I paid $1000.00 that included labor.
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts