Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Tundra with the 4.7 ltr - have been reading some about the newly designed E3 Diamond Spark Plugs that claim to improve gas mileage by roughly 2% and power. Has anyone tried them? Do they work - what was the difference in your mileage and did you see any performance improvements?

Thanks

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,533 Posts
Guys, don't screw around experimenting with the ignition components on the 2UZFE, you're going to run into reliability problems. The ECM is looking for specific operating parameters. Stay with the OEM Densos or the NGKs. I happen to run the iridiums in mine and like them, but you can get excellent long-term performance from the OEM Denso K20R-U or IK20 plugs.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
There are several posts on this matter use the search feature to locate them. You will find that the stock iridium plugs or their equivalent work the best.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i think that stuff is all hear-say. having a "stronger" spark isn't going to make the combustion bigger or more powerful

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I spent quite a bit of time and money on exotic plugs to try and improve dragstrip performance. Not one of them made an iota of difference.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I like the cheap Densos that this engine is designed for. Changing them is so easy, why change from what is proven to work?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Stick with the OE item; the engine was designed with that, and, in this day and age, as stated before, the electronics probably won't like too many changes.

In my more than fifty years of wrenching on just about anything that has a piston and a sparkplug, I have found that deviating from the manufacturers spec, at best causes no problem, and at worst, messes everything up. If I had a nickel for every different design of sparkplug I have seen devised, and I have tried a few, too, I could probably buy myself a decent cup of coffee. I have seen Splitfire, Tri-Electrode, Fire Injector, QuadFire, and many others that I can't recall the names of; if there was truly any advantage to these ideas, don't you think the engineers would have glommed onto them by now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 06 Tundra with the 4.7 ltr - have been reading some about the newly designed E3 Diamond Spark Plugs that claim to improve gas mileage by roughly 2% and power. Has anyone tried them? Do they work - what was the difference in your mileage and did you see any performance improvements?

Thanks
yeah man i just got some had to order them threw summitracing.com-via tech service over the phone ,my tundra brand new granny driving got 20city-23hwy-mpg,not im not to sure but ill let you know how it goes im installing em tomarrow but ive also (today switched to royal purple oil and filter)just recently added a spectra intake kit(best $120 i ever spent) and i also have about 245,000 abusive miles on my truck!!! ill let you know brother

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah man i just got some had to order them threw summitracing.com-via tech service over the phone ,my tundra brand new granny driving got 20city-23hwy-mpg,not im not to sure but ill let you know how it goes im installing em tomarrow but ive also (today switched to royal purple oil and filter)just recently added a spectra intake kit(best $120 i ever spent) and i also have about 245,000 abusive miles on my truck!!! ill let you know brother

Well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts