Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a SLI iPod adapter from VAIS Technology for the new '07 DC, however I really have no idea as to how the back of the Nav unit is accessed so I can plug in the supplied cable. VAIS is of no help, they just say remove the entire head unit and plug it in. Any help would be appreciated as to what I have to remove to get the unit out enough to slip in the new cable.

One installed, I will let everyone know how it works, seems there may be an issue with the 'I Agree' bypass capability with the latest SLI firmware (4.35)after all. SLI insists it will work for the 2007 Tundra's, then I insist that the new Nav systems are 5th gen, not 4th as the 2006's were and guess what, they don't know if it will work or not.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody have a copy of the repair manual for the '07 Tundra's (RM04E0U) and if so, does it indicate how to extract the Nav system from the dash? I have been thinking of buying the repair manual just to have it around and it looks like you can subscribe to Toyota Tech Services at Toyota | Lexus Service Support for $10 for a day's access and download all of the .pdf's of not only the Service Manual but other documents as well. Anyone ever do this, can you really download all of the necessary .pdf's for a single model truck in a day?

Thanks for any help on this.

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
search for one of the XM installation threads. There is a procedure of how to remove the head unit there...:tu:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
search for one of the XM installation threads. There is a procedure of how to remove the head unit there...:tu:
I did what I thought was a through search before I posted and came up empty, so I tried again based on your suggestion. Still no joy on removing the 2007 Tundra Nav system, so if you can point me to a post or anyone else has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here is the link you need. It is for the Metra dash trim. There is a PDF on how to install that starts out with removal of the original trim and radio.
Metra Online

hope this helps

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the link you need. It is for the Metra dash trim. There is a PDF on how to install that starts out with removal of the original trim and radio.
Metra Online

hope this helps
This is indeed helpful, I will see if it gets me there. At least I have a starting point now.

Thanks,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on a full report of the installation and of course the iPod adapter and how it works. I am still fearful that VAIS feed me a line when they insist the SLI bypasses the 'I Agree' screen on the new 5th Gen Nav system every time we start the truck.

If the removal instructions are sufficient to get it installed this weekend, should have a report out soon after.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any luck, I just took delivery of my Lmtd Dbl cab and was wondering how the Ipod interface works with the Nav system? The intallation guys at Best Buy say they can do it for $50. Not sure if they have ever dealt with the 07 tundra dash and NAV system. I would appreciate the feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts