Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read tire threads until my eyes are crossed. A lot of good information here. I currently have Bridgestone P255/70 R18 on my CM. I want to go with a wider, sportier looking tire. I think I have decided on P285/60 R18. Anyone got experience with this size in the Goodyear Eagle GT2 or the Michelin Latitude Tour HP? Sams has some decent prices, but the Goodyear is almost $100 a tire cheaper. Is the Michelin that much better? Is going with a tire this size going to present any problems, ie. rubbing or pressure sensor?
I've read that the lower profile will give a rougher ride. The Bridgestones are not all that great to begin with, will it be that much worse?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I had Michelin Latitude Touring HP on my 06 Tundra Dcab and they were great nice smooth ride and great handling if money isnt and issue I would go with the Michelins

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
The lower profile giving a rougher ride is compared to the same size tire, a 285/50 will be rougher than a 285/70. Since the tire is the same height as the original, the ride won't be harder unless you go with a harder tire such as an E rated tire. It might be softer as you have more air in the larger tire than the 255.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts