Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Everyone

Having my P0420 code come back isn’t fun. Not long ago I changed the rear Bank 1 o2 sensor on my 2004 Tundra 4.7. The code has come back and it’s more than likely the front as I’ve never changed it since I got the truck several years ago.

A couple things.

Since obviously it’s in a harder / tighter area to get to, what’s the easier way to get to the o2 sensor? I can see it through the wheel after I remove the rubber flap.

What’s the best to use for this one? A standard 22mm o2 sensor socket or the small offset one I’ve seen

When I replaced the rear bank 1 o2 sensor, for the sensor I used a Denso, that’s what I ordered for the front.

Thanks, Everyone. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did mine lying on the ground with plain O2 socket. 2002 AC with 4.7, 2wd. I can roll over under it. That makes work a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m done. Did it a few days ago. Much, much easier than I thought. Went to harbor freight and bought the 7/8” offset o2 socket.

I got under truck and used 2 extensions and removed old o2 sensor. It came out easily, didn’t have to use a breaker bar and I didn’t spray with wd-40 or anything. Probably because I had JBA headers installed 3 years ago so the o2 sensor wasn’t seized.

Total time to get tools out, Jack up truck, remove o2 sensor, put new sensor in, lower truck, put tools away, reset code with reader. 19 minutes 38 seconds.

Makes me feel much more comfortable when it comes to replacing the others, as people claim the drivers o2 sensor is the hardest one to change

1 - 5 of 5 Posts