Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Will the bed liner stick to the filler puddy?
Better than to paint.

Heres a shot from yesterday. I have to put random BS in my truck every other day. This is light in comparison to much of the crap that goes in there.

Here is how it looks now.
The shop was really pleased in how it turned out.....and, in truth when I explained what I had done they were concerned that it wasnt going to look right. A few had already talked about doing this to one of their clients work trucks and took pics to hang in the shop (*bastards didnt give me a discount however.....).

Funny thing is that they refused to do the tailgate until I pulled the cap off it and fabbed a plate in the same fashion. (I had intended on leaving it OEM). Their response was that if I am going to do it....I might as well finish it!!!!

I am really pleased with how it turned out, looks tough....but I know its not for everyone....after all....some people use their trucks as grocery getters and 4wd soccer vans. LOL

This was going to be the end....but the tail gate will get its treatment in the next few days.

~JH

· Registered
50 Posts
That looks better than I thought it would after the initial pictures. Good job.

When you removed the plastic bed rail caps did you damage them in any way or could you have put them back on? What sort of clip goes into the holes to keep the caps on?

· Registered
598 Posts
I'm not sure if I like how far the liner goes down on the bed. Can you post a pic of the whole truck from the side?

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Cool Job, looks good!!!

I do detect potential testicle difficulties though

That's funny Spenser!!!!

I have to wonder though, couldn't you just have bought diamond plate? Maybe no one makes that for our trucks, I don't know, just a thought.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.