Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys:

I baby my 03 AC like nobodies business, but this weekend I realized that I have NEVER lubricated the latches on the tailgate...what a difference a little lithium grease has made on the operation of the tailgate assy.

She rewarded me tonight by pulling out my daughter and my GF, two rescues in one night....yeah we"re getting a real good storm in the midwest!!!

Randy

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hahaha yeah u can never forget to lube.

dont forget the door hinges too. :)

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
To all, Don't forget the all important "cable" that holds your spare tire. When was the last time you lowered it to see if it works???? Just a thought, CSM-H

·
Registered
34 Posts
My dealer does all the lube stuff if I get him to do my oil change. Their oil change guy is in his fiftys, no high school kids on commission at the quick lube for me.

Bruce Simms

·
Registered
609 Posts
To all, Don't forget the all important "cable" that holds your spare tire. When was the last time you lowered it to see if it works???? Just a thought, CSM-H
Been there done that along with the door hinges and tailgate. I guess that is what OCD is all about :D

Here is an important fact: many people have the emergency brakes freeze on them. When you lube the drive shaft, just stick your grease gun into the booth covering the pivot point (I use a screwdriver to pull the top of the booth down a bit) and shoot a couple of shots of grease in there, then put on and release the parking brake a few times. :amen:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Been there done that along with the door hinges and tailgate. I guess that is what OCD is all about :D

Here is an important fact: many people have the emergency brakes freeze on them. When you lube the drive shaft, just stick your grease gun into the booth covering the pivot point (I use a screwdriver to pull the top of the booth down a bit) and shoot a couple of shots of grease in there, then put on and release the parking brake a few times. :amen:
Steve, good point to bring up,I learned that one a long time ago from putting boats in and out of the water. I prefer white lube though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good idea about the rear latches. When I lube the drive shaft I take a can of silicone lube and spray down all the rubber bushings I see, shock mounts, cv boots,ball joint boots, body mounts, anything rubber, the silcione keeps the rubber from drying out and cracking. The 03 still looks and runs great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts