Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello TS people,

I subscribed to this board for your great docs, but now I need a little more help. I have installed an avic-d3 navigation system my 2007 Highlander (v6 4x4 base), a wonderful toy. But, I still need to hook up the VSS (speed sensor / speed pulse) wire. I understand it is supposed to be pin 17 of connector E6, and it is supposed to be yellow. Can anyone confirm this information for me?

Moreover, I looked under/behind the glovebox, what a mess! Is there a doc someone can point out where it outlines exactly which of those boxes is the ecm, which connector is E6 (or the appropriate one) etc... I was hoping to get more 'service manual' like docs out of the members area, but it doesn't appear to have them, at least not like I'm used to (Helms manuals).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
None of those docs contain any info on the speed pulse wire as far as I can see. Do you see anything? I know how to read a diagram, but unless I'm overlooking something, its not in there.

According to this thread (http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/highlander/61518-navigation-system/) the speed pulse wire is the yellow wire at pin 17 on E6. I found this wire and attached a clip to it, but it is reporting to my navi that I'm always travelling at 45mph, whether I'm moving or not. So whatever it is, it appears to be a constant voltage line. Yes, I'm sure I tapped the right one.

Mostly I'm looking for the vss (speed pulse) wire still. I'll deal with the reverse cam once I figure this out.

Is there a book (real book, not PDF) that I should be looking for with all the technical info? helms, haynes... anything? I'd love to just buy the etm for this car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went ahead and ordered the Haynes manual... I hope it is more complete than the diagrams here.

In the meantime, I would still be thankful if anyone had more info for me here.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
None of those docs contain any info on the speed pulse wire as far as I can see. Do you see anything? I know how to read a diagram, but unless I'm overlooking something, its not in there.

According to this thread (http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/highlander/61518-navigation-system/) the speed pulse wire is the yellow wire at pin 17 on E6. I found this wire and attached a clip to it, but it is reporting to my navi that I'm always travelling at 45mph, whether I'm moving or not. So whatever it is, it appears to be a constant voltage line. Yes, I'm sure I tapped the right one.

Mostly I'm looking for the vss (speed pulse) wire still. I'll deal with the reverse cam once I figure this out.

Is there a book (real book, not PDF) that I should be looking for with all the technical info? helms, haynes... anything? I'd love to just buy the etm for this car.
There is no Aftermarket Book or publication on the H/L skits.
I realize where yu are tapping into hoever if yu need the VSS line it has been generally taken from the combo meter or at the O/E Nav ECM.
Call Eclipse if that is the unit. Maybe atech has run across the same exact question and knows.

YU more than likely have the VSS line as yu described it.

I gave yu skits to areas yu would adress if yu had an O/E Nav.

Sorry

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 07 toyota hybrid but cannot find the wire. Someone told me that it was a blue wire on the second plug on the left side behind the glove box. I'm not sure what that means. I have removed the glove box and see no modules on the left side. I see two on the right side. I assumed the person meant the left module on the right side but I am not sure. I tried the second plug and there are two blue wires but no light blue wire. I tried the light green wire that sort of looks blue to no avail. I also tried the right module that did have a light blue wire but that didn't work either. I'm not even sure how I will know when I get the right wire. Do I need to connect it then run down the road to see if it gets a pulse?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts