Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edelbrock.com - Manifolds - Toyota - Performer V8

Is this intake for the 5.7???

I looked up the truck series and it looks like they can use the 5.7 by displacement.

In truth I had to do a bunch of research regarding the viability of using the plastic IM for boost applications. I was assured that the OEM plastic would be fine up to 10 psi if I keep the intake temps below 225-250 (*dont be the guy that tells me I am full of it with the boost applications making 300+ degree temps pre intercooler).

However if the Edelbrock IS for the 5.7 I would feel much more comfortable.

(I dont suppose the fact that Vic Edelbrock is a friend that he would just send me one for *testing???) LOL!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
What effect would this (and the purpose) have on a stock 5.7 +/- adding minor stuff, like a CAI, exhaust, etc...

·
Registered
819 Posts
I dont think you could use it on our trucks. Anyways I am not going to do anything internal cause I got lifetime power train.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I would still prefer the plastic over the cast metals :tu:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian, what are your thoughts regarding the plastic IM and 8 psi? I have never looked at one to assess wall thickness or potential design issues that would make using the OEM IM a problem. I have read people running 15+ psi on the Porsche plastic IMs without having issues (clearly a different bird however)

I have seen a few press in fittings with hoses on the OEM IM that could easily be tapped for a barb fitting.....no biggie here....but....I dont know if there is a monster lurking....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts