Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See how badly the Tundra's 5.7 trounces Nissan 5.6 and chevy's "mighty" 6.0.
~50 hp more than chevy for most of the power curve
even with nissan to midrange but widening gap to >75 more at high revs
See it for yourself;
Comparison Test: 2007 Half-Ton Pickup Trucks
Rumbler

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not to pick on GM.. but I would be pissed if I had to hold the gas to the floor for 4 seconds before full power came on. What if you needed to pass someone in a hurry or step on it to get out of trouble?
Titan has a kick butt motor too... stays even with the Tundra till 5K rpm.

Jim

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not to pick on GM.. but I would be pissed if I had to hold the gas to the floor for 4 seconds before full power came on. What if you needed to pass someone in a hurry or step on it to get out of trouble?
Titan has a kick butt motor too... stays even with the Tundra till 5K rpm.

Jim

Think 4 seconds ahead of what you want to do....:p

·
Registered
154 Posts
GM needs a 5speed to at least be in the running with the Tundra and Titan. How do you put all that money into a new design truck and keep the old 4 speed. No wonder Yoda is #1 GM is still cutting corners like always , thats why they keep losing market share.

·
Registered
114 Posts
And don't forget that real world mileage I've seen for the 6.0L ain't nowhere near what it's rated. Most users seemed to be getting in the low 13's, yet it's rated at what, 15 or 16?? Not that that's odd for EPA estimates, but I read something where GM was bragging about better mileage than the Tundra, but it looks to me like it's the same if not a hair worse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts