1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

SMOKING!
Trusting in GOD!?

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
I sure hope you are being sarcastic:mad:
Because if you are serious...I feel sorry for you...for soooooo many reasons!

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts
Shatto, your posts are often something to be desired but if you're serious on this one, you've really stepped over the line! :td:

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
I, for one, am inclined to give Shatto the benefit of the doubt and believe he is poking fun of the Blue Staters who would shudder at the thought of someone advertising his Faith on a taxpayer-funded government-issued U.S. Military uniform. Obviously a Church & State violation. :rolleyes:

Same goes for tobacco consumption. A violation of EPA regulations (air pollution), second-hand smoke (HHS violation) etc.

Also, notice that no one said anything about Flag Desecration. I doubt the Lefties would say anything about that. :usa2:

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
I, for one, am inclined to give Shatto the benefit of the doubt and believe he is poking fun of the Blue Staters who would shudder at the thought of someone advertising his Faith on a taxpayer-funded government-issued U.S. Military uniform. Obviously a Church & State violation. :rolleyes:

Same goes for tobacco consumption. A violation of EPA regulations (air pollution), second-hand smoke (HHS violation) etc.

Also, notice that no one said anything about Flag Desecration. I doubt the Lefties would say anything about that. :usa2:
I sure hope so...I would hate to see Shatto get his azz cyber kicked...Im just saying:D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Salty the flag is folded up so I assume they fly it somewhere, as for flag guidelines I'm not sure on the correct way to transport a flag.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Who gives a sh*t???????

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts

One of the best war pictures I have ever seen. Check out Michael Yon Online. The guy is amazing... And they say Americans are mean and uncaring....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Pretty confident that Salty Dog nailed the intent.

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
Salty the flag is folded up so I assume they fly it somewhere, as for flag guidelines I'm not sure on the correct way to transport a flag.
Yes, but if the Marine were to put his helmet on, the flag would be displayed upside down. The upside down flag is either a distress signal or an insult; depending on the context.

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Yes, but if the Marine were to put his helmet on, the flag would be displayed upside down. The upside down flag is either a distress signal or an insult; depending on the context.
Are Marines smart enough to know that?

(there are times when I really miss Guntech)

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts

I disagree! :td:
NO benefit of the doubt from me!

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,568 Posts
I disagree! :td:
NO benefit of the doubt from me!
Come on Flash. Who would ever write Eeeeeeeeeeeeevil when it wasn't meant tongue in cheek? That's just too many eeee's there.:p

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts
Come on Flash. Who would ever write Eeeeeeeeeeeeevil when it wasn't meant tongue in cheek? That's just too many eeee's there.:p

When it comes to our Troops, the brave men and women who serve, there is NO room for sarcasm.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
As I am looking at the flag in his helmet, it is folded in such a way as to not be able to see the stripes under the field, or above it as the case may be.

Flashgordon said:
When it comes to our Troops, the brave men and women who serve, there is NO room for sarcasm.
The sarcasm isn't at the expense of the troops. Aside from that fact, if we ever lose the ability to laugh at ourselves, our military very much included, we have lost one of our most precious assets. With laughter comes humility and perspective. While I am very proud to serve in the military, we must never forget that our military is subservient to the will of the citizenry. By placing the military on a pedestal we also lose sight of that, and risk putting the military in a dangerously powerful position.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts