Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EGR vent visors

First they arrived w/ several chips on 2 of the "in-channel" part.

I tired installing one of the undamaged front, I used a heat gun to warm them up since you really had to bend it to make it fit tight in the weather strip. I got it to fit fine but the extended plastic that fits into the weather molding in the upper right corner (furthest away from the mirror) completely shattered in the weather strip when I rolled the window up. My window couldnt even roll up w/ the key to the "ON" position, I had to start my truck to get the window to roll up!!?? Without my truck started the window couldnt even roll up the last 2-3".

Ive had in-channels before but Ive always used OEM ones and I could always roll up the windows w/o the vehicle started and the key in the on position.

EDIT: Disregard the "junk" statement for now. I'll try one more set since Amazon will ship me another set for free today and I have 30 days to return the damage set w/o being charged. Maybe the 1 visor already had a hairline crack on the "in-channel" part that I didnt see since the others visors had actual chips missing on their "in-channel" part.

We'll see..........:devil:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I had the same thing happen to a set of weathertechs which is why I switched to egr.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i have weather tech's on my tundra and avs on my wife's rav4.
mine are in channel. weather tech's. i never had a issue in 5year's,nor has my wife's.
i had no problems with installation of any, either.
the weather tech's are in channel. the front's like you said go deep into the door's.
and
my wife's are stick on's.
but i going to assume, nothing is going to last 4ever.
gorilla

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thats why I prefer the stick ons, the in channel ones are nice but they are a paint to install and most of the time dont work out to well when installing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
EGR makes terrible products, bought a pair of bedcaps and the adhessive came off in 3 months and they looked terrible

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazon overnighted them and I got them this afternoon and I just finished putting them on.

The drivers side was a little tight up top when trying to roll the window up....I had to pull the top of the visor out a little so the window will roll all the way up. I heated it up really good w/ my heat gun so hopefully itll "break-in" in a few days.

The passenger side and the rears went in like butter and the windows roll up w/o any problems. Lets just hope they hold up over time. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts