Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Crewmax with stock exhaust, and I'd like to add e-cutouts to it. I don't need advice as to whether or not that's a good idea, but I do need some thoughts on the best way to do it. With 2 pipes leading into the muffler (and no Y or H pipe before the muffler), it looks like I'm going to have to add 2 cutouts. Between the cats and the muffler there is a bolted-together exhaust joint; I'd like to add the cutouts on the 'muffler' side of that joint, so if there is a problem at some point in the future I can just replace the muffler side of the exhaust, and not have to pull the cats. Anyone done this? Any suggestions on best manufacturers, or best install techniques? I did a number of searches, and couldn't find cutouts on a stock exhaust...:afro:

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I have a good recommendation on how to do it. couple questions though...
is this something that you are going to do yourself or have a shop do it?
are you going to weld the cutouts in or clamp them in?
does your state do emission cks?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My state's emissions testing doesn't include any form of visual inspection; they just hook up to OBD.

I plan on doing it myself. It would be my preference to use high-quality band clamps, but I can weld it if need be. Any thoughts and/or pics you have would be helpful. Did you do the install before or after the DT long tubes?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
good deal about ure emissions.
I did the install after the DT's but trust me, I think it will b plenty loud (just not obnoxious and not as raspy since ull still have the cats)
And here is a video I took to show sound, i know its hard to see much, I will post another one explaining as much of the install that I can shortly.

YouTube - DSCF0381.AVI

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts