Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth the money?

and any recomendations on what brand or specs to look for?

How much HP gain with the 4.7?

thanks

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
better off with Ebay superchip - 50HP gain guaranteed :becky:

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I installed an electric fan directly to the tranny cooler. Main purpose was to help keep things cool and not for any HPgains. Otherwise, if you plan on replacing the mechanical fan for an electric fan, I don't think you'll see big gains in HP. Maybe a couple.

I've heard that the fans from a ford taurus puts out a lot of CFM's. Try and google "taurus fan install" or something. You should get a bunch of hits.

·
2,445 Posts
From reading many posts (not from first hand experience) the only HP increase you may get will be from installing headers... that has proven results and is posted somewhere on the site. Next would be the Unichip with a combination of CAI, and possibly exhaust.

There are many opinions and many other mods. Another item might be an underdrive pulley.

Watch out, once you start............................................................................................................

Also, as was suggested... do a search and you will get a lot of information.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/118318-electric-fan-conversion-project/

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
What is the minimum CFM's you can work with on a 4.7L V8?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I'm not worried about the horse power, what I'd like to do is install an electric fan in front of the A/C condenser. Anyone ever done that?

Thanks,

Scoob

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
There are few fellow members did sequoia fan install on their tundra = in front of AC condenser

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
That is what I figured, but rather than removing the stock fan and spending $500 for something like a Flex-a-lite 775 electronic fan, I'd rather put some mod in front of the A/C condensor. All I want is cool air.

Scoob

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
That is what I figured, but rather than removing the stock fan and spending $500 for something like a Flex-a-lite 775 electronic fan, I'd rather put some mod in front of the A/C condensor. All I want is cool air.

Scoob
Like this???

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1425549-post480/

I don't think I quite understand why you want it there though, if you just want cool air. I never noticed a change in the air temp when I put this on, but thats not why its there in the first place though. :confused:

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Sequoia condenser fan installed in 2002 Tundra

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
That is something else that Sequoia condenser fan. Does that allow the Tundra air conditioning to function any better? Any information about how to do this to my Tundra?

Thanks,

Scoob

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
It works great in the 110+ degree summer heat. I just bought the Sequoia fan parts including the relay and wired it to a switch I installed in the passenger compartment. I turn it on if it gets really hot in the summer. I had to make some brackets to relocate the transmission cooler so I could use some of those mounts for the Sequoia fan. Here are some more pics of the install.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I got the idea for this mod from Mustang67408. He did it before I did and he was kind enough to help me get the parts for my installation.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Thanks very much that is awesome. I appreciate you and Mustang providing the information. BTW, where do you get those brackets?

Thanks again,

Scoob

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I made the brackets from some leftover stock from when I hung my garage door opener. You can find it at any hardware store.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
So it helped in heat during summer?. Did the AC radiator temperature drop? i find it hard top believe as AC is first and gets all the air trough it.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Yes, when you are sitting stopped in traffic and it is 112 degrees outside in the shade I'm sure the mechanical fan running with the engine at idle speed is plenty to cool the condenser and radiator. You might not notice a difference in CT but here it gets rather warm in the summer.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
So this mod is only for rednecks down south?

P.S. waiting for the brick smashing my window tonight :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts