Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bad, was moving the rsca switch to the pod next to the tow haul switch & got the drill too close to the wire harness thats directly behind the rsca switch. Prob. about 40 wires in the bundle, damaged about 9-10 wire by cutting them in two, all the wires that were cut are either black or white w/no markings we spliced them back together as best as we could.
Everything is apperently working fine other than the rsca light in the dash is on & pass. air bag light has both the on & off lights on. any help would be appreciated, especially from the electical tech. moderator (Ray)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the wires run to a particular connector?
Thanks,
They run across the main round tube dash suport from left to right(looking toward the dash from the drivers seat) behind the traction controll switch they turn down, run behind what apears to be heater/ventilation box, then come out under the carpet below the center counsel & run back to the shift assy. then back further to the center box assy 12 volt & a little black box that is under the center box( could this be the roll sensing switch)
Thank you for any info you can provide

·
Registered
780 Posts
You are not going to like my answer. To reconnect all of the wires correctly, you will need to trace them to their origination and destination to identify what circuit they are part of AND then reconnect them. To do this you need the 2007 Tundra EWD. For example, attached is one circuit diagram showing multiple wires of the same color (look at the airbag ECU). If you don't know the end to end points of your severed wires, you will be hard pressed to identify which ones to reconnect together.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
GRP

I don't know what the cost would be for that section of the wiring harness but you might want to check. It would probably be the only way you can guarantee to get all the wires correct.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
You are not going to like my answer. To reconnect all of the wires correctly, you will need to trace them to their origination and destination to identify what circuit they are part of AND then reconnect them. To do this you need the 2007 Tundra EWD. For example, attached is one circuit diagram showing multiple wires of the same color (look at the airbag ECU). If you don't know the end to end points of your severed wires, you will be hard pressed to identify which ones to reconnect together.
:eek: :eek:
I'd have to agree with TS Support. Your going to have to trace each wire that was damaged back to its source, and then find out where the other end is supposed to go. You will need the entire EWD in order to do this.
Start with the SYSTEMS that appear NOT to be working and go from there. Your going to need a DVOM.

Dont you like the new GM style wiring???:mad: All the wires are either white/ black or light blue and hard as HECK to trace. Stupid americanization. Its cheaper to produce all the same color wiring. It stinks!

Sorry there is no easy way to repair this.

That is also the entire harness, there are no SUB harnesses available.$$$$$$

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,
I appreciate you being candid, where can I purchase a 2007 Tundra EWD?
I really love this truck, I have had many nice vehicles over the last 35 yrs. Porsche's, m/benz, lexus, I have never had a truck that felt like it was carved out of granite it, is so qiete, smooth, & a pleasure to drive, this just has me sick to my stomach, I need too fix this fast as I'm not sleeping well, but I know I need to slow down & let it come to me in due time
Thanks again

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:eek: :eek:
I'd have to agree with TS Support. Your going to have to tarce each wire that was damaged back to its source, and then find out where the other end is supposed to go. You will need the entire EWD in order to do this.
Start with the SYSTEMS that appear NOT to be working and go from there. Your going to need a DVOM.

Dont you like the new GM style wiring???:mad: All the wires are either white/ black or light blue and hard as HECK to trace. Stupid americanization. Its cheaper to produce all the same color wiring. It stinks!

Sorry there is no easy way to repair this.

That is also the entire harness, there are no SUB harnesses available.$$$$$$
I cant belive that the wires have no markings it stinks:td:

·
Registered
699 Posts
just wanted to chime in a say MAN that really sucks. I hope you get it all fixed with minimal costs. but whats that old say measure twice cut once. it works for other things as well such as look twice drill once:D . just razzin ya. but seriously though I wish you the best of luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts