Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, recently, my alarm is going off at random times for no reason. Doors locked, truck parked in driveway. Today it happened again, but this time I also noticed that all accessories appear to still work after ignition key is removed, though the engine does not keep running. So, turn engine off, remove key and heater fan and radio are still running.
Anyone else experience this? Key cylinder could be suspect I suppose. Appreciate your thoughts on this. 260K mi and runs perfectly other than this new development.

·
Registered
11 Posts
does it ding when you open the driver door, even with the key removed? the reason i ask is i know mine will let me take the key out in the ACC position but it dings when that happens. my guess is worn tumbler.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it behaves as it should most of the time except when it doesn't. Nothing worse than an intermittent electrical issue! Because there no telling when or how it will act up, it's really difficult to pin point the source of the problem. Perhaps another owner has had a similar issue and found a fix, but until then I can only poke at it. Because the vehicle is no longer my daily driver, I've disconnected the battery while not in use so as to not annoy my neighbors with random alarms going off. When I have more time to deal with it, I'll take apart the ignition cylinder and make sure it's clean, lubricated and properly connected. After that I'll see if issue still exists.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do a voltage check and load test your battery... low electrical voltage/current can wreak havoc on electrical systems while other systems function normally. Endless videos out there to help with that task. Keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts