Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, well, for anybody out there that even remotely remembers my post a few months ago about my having an electrical issue that was driving me up the wall for well over a year, the solution may have indeed been found.
I have left the capacitor disconnected for a number of months now and was recently away for a few days. So, the truck sat there for 12 days without running, and sure enough, a quick double-press of the remote-start button and the engine immediately came to life! Nothing resolves an issue like observation over the course of time! This would have NEVER happened before... it only took two or three days to completely drain the battery when it was connected.
I don't know what the moral or lesson to this little piece of info is, but even though numerous tests confirmed otherwise, sometimes the initial gut-feeling may indeed be correct (even if subsequent gut feelings may throw you off!). I'll take it for what it's worth, but it seems like this battery is doing fine now, though I'll need to wait until this July for sure as the previous batteries were essentially killed off completely about 9 months after both the alarm/rs and audio equipment were installed. So far though, its looking very good! Thanks to all who helped with this effort, I really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
The capacitor is leaking current slowly. Is this one of them big ones that suppress radio interference?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a pretty standard Rockford Fosgate 1Farad Cap with digital display. Nothing too fancy about it in general...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mines doing the same thing, but I don't have a system in it. Original battery went bad 3 weeks ago (red thru the sight glass), slapped in a new battery and now it's dead.

Since I got the scion, I don't drive my truck daily anymore...it sat for 6 days this time. Jumped her off and let her run for a good 10 minutes, shut her off and wouldn't start again.

Hopefully I got a defective replacement battery. The only aftermarket electrical part that I had installed was my AMP Powersteps. Hopefully I don't have a short somewhere for that.

I am glad that you seemed to track down your problem though :tu:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts