Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a weird one:

Recently, when I turn off my ignition, the A/C blower fan continues to run, the shifter light stays lit, the ABS light stays lit, and (most weird of all) when I turn on the windshield wipers it squirts cleaner onto the windshield and doesn't run the wipers! Other various things light up too, like traction control, etc... all in the dash. But the radio won't turn on. I tried jimmying the ignition key back and forth to try to turn it off but nothing. So I resorted to disconnecting the negative battery wire from the post. That seemed to fix it! This is the second time this has happened in the last week.

Otherwise, everything runs fine in the ACC and START positions of the ignition. At first, I thought it might be the ignition switch, but after seeing it went away after disconnecting the battery, I have my doubts. Can anyone help me??? PLEASE?!?
:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE!:
So the windshield had broken its seal and water was slowly leaking in down the driver side pillar post down into the fuse block and other wire harnesses. It caused the electrical to jump around the harness and turn lights on draining the battery overnight. Overnight because that's when the dew would form on the truck and leak inside. Crazy stuff. Got windshield resealed and no problems now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts