Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just installed the electronic flasher from V-Led for the 1st Gen Tundra and had my turn signal lights working. Then after installing the LEDs the signals stopped responding. The turn lights turn on but don't flash at all. The fuses aren't blown so I don't know what the problem is now.

Well after realizing my LEDs won't flash, I installed the OEM flasher and now my 3157 light bulbs won't even flash.

What's the deal? Anyone please help me. This was supposed to be an easy install but what's the problem?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Now the turn signal lights won't turn on.

·
05' Tundra (Tun-Tun)
520 Posts
is your emergency flash button on by chance...i know mine was on once and thought everything was blown, but it was just that. (it started acting up when i added the high power leds on the inner lights (wouldn't always engage the emergency flash every time sometimes it took 2 tries)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Netrickyaz,

I just checked and the emergency flashers were not on. Thanks though. Any other thoughts, did you get your electronic flasher from V-Led too?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man I am pissed. Now I have to take it to the dealership and fork out $$$. NOOOOO! Stupid LEDs! haha.

·
05' Tundra (Tun-Tun)
520 Posts
oh sorry i didnt respond quicker but i only added those inner lights so i didnt change out the flasher....but this thread might keep me from making the leap to all LED. (only thing left is the turn signals)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have changed some LED lights myself inside the cab which is awesome. This mod was easy but it's not workin. :/ I just noticed when I unlock and lock my car with my key less entry the turn signals flash. So I know it isn't the bulb or a bad connection. It must be a bad relay flasher. But then again the relay worked in the beginning when I first installed the LEDs. I was hoping to show off the lights on my date tonight for Valentine's Day. Now I am about to get pulled over! hahaha. ****.

·
Registered
567 Posts
you try reinstalling the flasher relay or try the oem again to see what happens. I have leds and the flasher from v-leds and had a little trouble at first. i just unplugged it and plugged it back in a couple time and now it works fine for almost a year now.

Andrew

·
05' Tundra (Tun-Tun)
520 Posts
hmm it all sounds weird that they flash when its locked though....what type bulbs are they? they standard or SRCK/SACK type from V-LEDS...they say the standard will not work in all tundras...

·
Registered
567 Posts
you need the sack 3457 for the front and the 7440 for the rear. when i installed mine i had problems where they would not flash, flash extremely quick, or flash once and remain off. i just messed with flasher relay until it worked. mine fit kind of weird in the socket at first so i think i wasn't getting a good connection until i got it to fit correctly.

Andrew

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried installing the OEM flasher with the 3157 OEM bulbs and no luck. I actually don't have my gauge/dash lights working. I'm going to go through all the fuses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts