1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice looking head rest.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I see blue and white in the stitching. You did know they make LEDs in those colors, right brother? :heh:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
two different types/grains of leather in a show truck??? :)

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see blue and white in the stitching. You did know they make LEDs in those colors, right brother? :heh:
LOL @ LED's! That is blue and silver, not white.

two different types/grains of leather in a show truck??? :)
Ya you do..The fronts are the aftermarket headrest w/ TV's that you can buy, and you have to live with them if you go that route..The rear are the stockers..Not all that noticeable when in the vehicle though.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Nice touch! So, what is that, like mod #152 out of the 2000 still to do? Looks great!

·
Registered
823 Posts
very nice looks good

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

Ya you do..The fronts are the aftermarket headrest w/ TV's that you can buy, and you have to live with them if you go that route..The rear are the stockers..Not all that noticeable when in the vehicle though.
yeah...i know the feeling...the front one in mine are not stock since they are the DVD player/monitors but the grain is actually right on, its the sand beige thats slightly off...i dont think about it in my truck just caught me off guard in a show truck...guess i dont feel bad about mine at all now...if marky mark can have slightly different ones, then i dam sure can haha

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
My brother owns an "EmbroidMe" store in Jax. He told me that a bunch of guys were getting the headrests on their Tiburons done nationally. He got the artwork from the store that originally did it so he didn't even have to generate the artwork. He was suprised how many guys were getting it done when he hardly saw them on the road.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Looks great man.. keep it up.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Another Marky mod. I wish I could see your truck in person, pics dont do it justice.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts

Can you buy a good screen/DVD player and have it installed in the factory headrest? This has always stopped me from making the leap, especially with TAN leather. :(

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
Can you buy a good screen/DVD player and have it installed in the factory headrest? This has always stopped me from making the leap, especially with TAN leather. :(
Yep. There are tons of youtube videos on how to do it. Thats how I learned. I have done a few now and they are not that hard to do at all. Just takes patience.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah...i know the feeling...the front one in mine are not stock since they are the DVD player/monitors but the grain is actually right on, its the sand beige thats slightly off...i dont think about it in my truck just caught me off guard in a show truck...guess i dont feel bad about mine at all now...if marky mark can have slightly different ones, then i dam sure can haha
Yea I know..I could have "moved" to have them recover in leather, etc..But that was above and beyond for what I was after as nobody will notice them once back in the truck. That way I can use that money elsewhere. :D

My brother owns an "EmbroidMe" store in Jax. He told me that a bunch of guys were getting the headrests on their Tiburons done nationally. He got the artwork from the store that originally did it so he didn't even have to generate the artwork. He was suprised how many guys were getting it done when he hardly saw them on the road.
One of the easiest, yet eye catching mods you can do!

Looks great man.. keep it up.
Thanks bro!

I like it!:tu:
Now you'll have to knit some floor mats!:eek::D
Might be to much as I have thought about it..Sometimes less is more. :D

Looks good for your truck......... :tu:
Thanks!

Looks like good work.
Thanks!

Very nice!!!!
Thanks bro!

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another Marky mod. I wish I could see your truck in person, pics dont do it justice.
Thanks bro! And you are in FLA..I will be in Gainesville @ Slamfest Oct 2nd & 3rd. Truck will be painted by then too.

Oh by all means you can..I went the "whimp" route on these. :D

Yep. There are tons of youtube videos on how to do it. Thats how I learned. I have done a few now and they are not that hard to do at all. Just takes patience.
Yeppers there are!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts