Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most of the emergency brakes, on new trucks, are set to soft. the brake adjustment is underneath the drivers door, inside the frame. i reajusted mines, now much better.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I must have got lucky, mine will hold my truck and trailer on a slight incline. How does this system work, does it push on one side of the brake pads on the axles or does it have an additional rotor someplace (like big military trucks)?

Thanks for telling me where to adjust it. If the time comes I can do it myself.

·
Registered
595 Posts
So they just push out on the rotor then? I always wondered about cranking down on those type, can you whorp the rotors by going midieval on them?

·
Registered
184 Posts
your not suppose to adjust the cables. there is an adjustment star that you turn on the inside parking brake shoe (just like on a car with rear drums). you have to remove the rear tires and you will see a rubber plug on the rotor. remove it and with a flashlight look in the hole and turn the rotor until you see the adjustment star. its either on top or bottom. with a screw driver crank it up or down until it stops and the rotors is locked. back of about 2 cranks and make sure the rotors turn and your done. the cable adjustment is only if the cable gets stretch after using it alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts