Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please advise here? Done a timing belt/waterpump change on 2007, 2UZ 4.7 limited. All marks alligned, turned it over many times, comes back to marks, all good. It cranks over fine, no check engine warning light, just 4L,4H lights coming on, but it does not start. Pulled one plug (drivers side closest to radiator), no spark, therefore it wont start. I have NO idea why it is not sparking? I had a friend helping me, during belt installation the cam gears shift couple of times, we turned them back to marks, could it be that cam timing is out, even though it all lines up?

David

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Couple of suggestions.
First off, always ask a question in an existing thread if you can. Members subscribe to threads so you will get more responses from existing threads.
Use the search function and find the most appropriate thread that relates to your question. Even if you cant find one thats exactly like yours, get one thats as close as possible and start there.
Here's a thread that you could ask your question in. Not saying this is your problem but you get the idea.

Lastly, when you do get your problem fixed, come back and say what caused it. You have no idea how many dead end threads there are on here where someone asks a question about a problem they have with their vehicle but never come back to say what fixed it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple of suggestions.
First off, always ask a question in an existing thread if you can. Members subscribe to threads so you will get more responses from existing threads.
Use the search function and find the most appropriate thread that relates to your question. Even if you cant find one thats exactly like yours, get one thats as close as possible and start there.
Here's a thread that you could ask your question in. Not saying this is your problem but you get the idea.

Lastly, when you do get your problem fixed, come back and say what caused it. You have no idea how many dead end threads there are on here where someone asks a question about a problem they have with their vehicle but never come back to say what fixed it.
Ok! Thank you very much, makes all sense what you are sugesting, I should’ve actually introduced myself first, but I am in such a pickle with this problem, need to fix it soon. Thank you though, I will move my discussion

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
No worries, I get it. You're truck is sitting there not running and you're freaking out, its understandable. Here's another thread I found that might be a good place to post your question because its sort of the same issue plus some of the guys that responded to this thread are still on this site. Maybe just read through this one and see if this helps get your belt aligned.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can someone please advise here? Done a timing belt/waterpump change on 2007, 2UZ 4.7 limited. All marks alligned, turned it over many times, comes back to marks, all good. It cranks over fine, no check engine warning light, just 4L,4H lights coming on, but it does not start. Pulled one plug (drivers side closest to radiator), no spark, therefore it wont start. I have NO idea why it is not sparking? I had a friend helping me, during belt installation the cam gears shift couple of times, we turned them back to marks, could it be that cam timing is out, even though it all lines up?

David
David, speaking from experience here: any chance you put the belt on backwards? Even if all the marks line up, are you certain that the L mark is on the driver's side and the R mark is on the passenger's side?

I made this mistake and, like your truck, mine just cranked and cranked and would not fire. Had to redo the entire job and flip the belt, but after that she fired on the first try.

Good luck!

-david

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also recall there's a reluctor wheel on the crankshaft. On some engines that can be installed backwards and your ignition timing would be off. Got that wrong on my Miata, and recalling earlier 4.7's had this. Worth checking!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts

David
My guess... it's the cam position sensor or its plug.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am leaning towards the cam sensor ring also. Easily put on backwards.
It stinks when you button it up and then have to chase a new "gremlin". I don't know how old you are but I am 74 and been "wrenching" for almost 50 years...and there are still "do over" adventures for me. So, we will call them "learning experiences" that we can share with someone else down the road. We just have to learn how to: "Enjoy the adventures\"... Chap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts