Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tundra 08 model with 5.7 engine , my question is the engine check indicator come on twice during this week with little vibration and my Toyota dealer can’t find why ,please can you help me thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is it possible it was an EVAP code due to a loose gas cap? Those will clear themselves after a certain number of starts after the loose cap has been rectified.

·
Registered
753 Posts
mine flashes "check engine" when I turn on the truck. I always check engine to make sure it wasn't stolen overnight. Never know when those jealous ford, dodge and chevy owners will strike.

HTH

-Tim

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is it possible it was an EVAP code due to a loose gas cap? Those will clear themselves after a certain number of starts after the loose cap has been rectified.
My first guess..... Click it two times when you fill it up (when adding gas, or three times as I am habitually doing since thats what my older GM service manager told me to do).

sounds simple, but Oil CHange indication?
Hrrm, I'm coming up on 5k miles, my "Maint Required" light shows up when starting it up, but goes away after the boot sequence finishes, aka "all lights go away". Does a "Maint Required" trigger the CEL once it hits the mark ? (Mine is at 4.5k)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Hrrm, I'm coming up on 5k miles, my "Maint Required" light shows up when starting it up, but goes away after the boot sequence finishes, aka "all lights go away". Does a "Maint Required" trigger the CEL once it hits the mark ? (Mine is at 4.5k)
Never heard of that, i.e. no.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I got a light came on that looks like an exclamation point inside a 1/2 circle. Appers the warning is due to tire pressure. This would make sense cause we just had the coldest days of the season, BUT i thought the nitrogen tires arent supposed to fluctuate??

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got a light came on that looks like an exclamation point inside a 1/2 circle. Appers the warning is due to tire pressure. This would make sense cause we just had the coldest days of the season, BUT i thought the nitrogen tires arent supposed to fluctuate??
they will still fluctuate some with colder temps. approaching... just not as much.

air is almost completely nitrogen, so the difference isn't as great as some believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts