Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone out there direct me to an engine builder who is familiar with the 5.7 DOHC and is a dedicated Toyota motor head?

I'm looking to port the heads and possibly bump the cams on my 5.7. I realize it's not a simple cam-in-block job, which is why I want a competent shop to handle the job.

I live in North GA.

:ts:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live also in Sugar Hill / Buford area. I also would like to know as I have a few wish list items to address. The ones on PeachTree Ind. are for Jap cars.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You can check into
LCEngineering.com

They do work for the 2.7's and 3.4's and may be willing to take on your project.

Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having 4 cams as opposed to just one cam (Like in a GM block), won't allow the Tundra an easy weekend cam swap. The heads are huge with two long timing chains. This is why i'm looking for a shop that has experience working on this motor.

I was told to contact the NASCAR truck series and see if one of the Toyota teams has a machine shop for hire to the public. Cams and porting would do a lot to this motor without getting into the bottom half (stroker).

Stroking it would make huge torque even lower on the RPM's. Would that require pulling the motor?

·
Registered
590 Posts
My buddy made a custom aggressive cam and gear drive. With all of my mods I've dynoed in at 700 bhp. He is in Evansville,IN though. Where are you from?

·
Registered
302 Posts
wow that is totally AWESOME!!! you have to tell me all the different mods that have been done to it. i would love to do the same to my engine in a year or two!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts