Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the question...just thinking out loud, Could the 05-06 Engine work in an '00? I know it will fit, but what about the 4 speed tranny vs. five speed? the computor/etc. would that also have to be changed over? Would it all be worth it, time, expense vs. performance change...again, don't need it yet..I already have JBA headers, K&N, dual exhaust....I'm sure the JBA's wont fit on the 05/06....looking for thoughts..thanks, CSM-H

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Ok here is the question...just thinking out loud, Could the 05-06 Engine work in an '00? I know it will fit, but what about the 4 speed tranny vs. five speed? the computor/etc. would that also have to be changed over? Would it all be worth it, time, expense vs. performance change...again, don't need it yet..I already have JBA headers, K&N, dual exhaust....I'm sure the JBA's wont fit on the 05/06....looking for thoughts..thanks, CSM-H
You will need the transmission, wiring harness and computer for it to work. The extra few horses isn't worth all the effort IMHO, allthough the 5 spd auto would be a great upgrade. I will be swapping the 5.7 power train as soon as I find a "reasonably priced" donor vehicle :rolleyes:

·
Registered
984 Posts
u already have the headers, just get a good exhaust/intake/ chip and you'll be right up there in HP. A valve body job from IPT will take care of ur transmission. all together it will be a lot cheaper and a little faster than a stock 05/06 not to mention cheaper and a lot less time.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
You will need the transmission, wiring harness and computer for it to work. The extra few horses isn't worth all the effort IMHO, allthough the 5 spd auto would be a great upgrade. I will be swapping the 5.7 power train as soon as I find a "reasonably priced" donor vehicle :rolleyes:
Yup, that's where I'm likely headed, probably around 400k miles or so :p...

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
u already have the headers, just get a good exhaust/intake/ chip and you'll be right up there in HP. A valve body job from IPT will take care of ur transmission. all together it will be a lot cheaper and a little faster than a stock 05/06 not to mention cheaper and a lot less time.
Now there's a few things I am not aware of...I'm not sure the headers will work as the 05/06 JBA's have some kind of air tubes on them....kinda like chevy went to years ago....We'll see lots of options....thanks, CSM-H

·
Premium Member
332 Posts

Complete waste of time and money EH.
Get off the dime and buy that '06

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Complete waste of time and money EH.
Get off the dime and buy that '06
Well ok then....can you make me a no interest, ah maybe a no repayment loan?...Yep you are probably right, the money would be better spent as it were to buy the whole package, already done....thanks, CSM-H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts