Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon, I was driving my 2000 Tundra back from the store and I noticed a tapping while I was sitting at a stop light. My first thought was a cracked exhaust manifold. I thought i confirmed that when it would only occur at low rpms and go away as i shifted. when I got home I opened the hood to take a look. I heard a loud tapping in the engine, sounded exactly like a cracked manifold. Great I thought, then I noticed a line in the engine was not connected. I was very confused since I did not ever disconnect it. I dont even know what it does, could someone tell me what it is and does? (pictures are included below, the circled area and line, are what I am talking about). I am wondering if the dealer did it when I had it in there for some work to be done. By the way specs are, 4.7 v8, 2000 Tundra, Limited.

Also I had shut off the engine before I discovered the line disconnect. After I reconnected it and restarted the engine, the tapping was gone, I let it run for about 5 minutes and reved the engine a few times and it still didnt come back. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Mine has come off before. It sounded like a helicopter or a pressure cooker at idle. I think that is part of the evaporative emissions system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, I hope thats all it is. that was the exact sound, it got worse as i idled. I will see if it is fixed and then report back in a week or so

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drove it a fair amount of the weekend and the noise is gone, so it was the line. thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts