Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking a little about this before I bought my headers, but since there aren't many options for first generation Tundra's I just bought them anyways.

I was thinking the primaries are not even close to equal length, I know it's like that to fit in the given space. Wouldn't equal length primaries offer more equal scavenging capacity for each cylinder and in turn make the motor breathe/run better? I imagine the equal lengths would give the exhaust gasses not only close volume displacement per cylinder but would route the gasses through an equal distance pipe and therefore pass the gas in an equal velocity?(que Creosote) Passing the exhaust pulses in an equal amount of time per cylinder?:beatsme:

If what I'm thinking is right, does anybody know if there are any headers with equal length primary tubes?

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly what I'm talking about. I've never really seen a set for a tundra though. It seems as if the length differences in the primaries on the shorties could be missing some HP. Maybe it's just in my head.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Get Doug Thorley long tubes! I gained around 25 HP and 25 torque to the wheels with them.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Get Doug Thorley long tubes! I gained around 25 HP and 25 torque to the wheels with them.
Great suggestion but DT does not make the long tube headers (or tri-y header) for the 2004. S&S used to make them but they went out of business. I have been looking for long tube headers along with a set of cats that will not throw codes but no luck so far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
(escondidotundra) This guy is a member and seems to be very informed on exhaust systems for Tundras. He seems to be some how affiliated with Dirty Deeds Industries ([email protected]) He advised me that Long Tubes are available. Their web site doesn't have much info but you may try searching some of his posts or contacting him. If you get info through a PM please post the relevant info for others.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those look nice. Really nice. That looks like it would give better flow than shorties. I like the minimal bends versus the snake looking primaries on shorties.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts