Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Your too far away for it to do me any good. i have been thinking about a set of rock sliders to repalce my nerf bars. The shipping cost would uotway any savings you could give me. Nice machine though. We bend, by hand on a mandrel bender all of the tubing for the race cars we build, that machine would make life easier.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
This is cool, you will stay busy with that. The possibilities..... Your dog kind of stole the show, but I can't wait to see what you come up with now that you have that.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Is that full speed? We use a Manual JD2

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Awesome new toy!! Put some shoes on the kid. The shop is no place for barefeet.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Since I don't have the luxury of a garage-sized whiteboard or similar...I use BT. One of these days, I might even get around to posting pictures...but...two digital levels and a POB bracket and some fierce eyeballing, and I don't worry about things like "is the die level", and I know the lengths I need well in advance, plus head and tail so I don't fall off the follower block or end up without tube to fit in the strap.

One thing I do different from that bending 101 link is that I don't mark the die or try to line up around the radius of the die. it's not uncommon to have that specific part of the die hidden under the arm of the bender anyway...so I use the end of the die where it juts out to pin the strap (why can't I think of its proper name OTOH...), and mark the tube for where the bend should start, as well as the offset to the end of the die. No more trying to look under the arm, or having to pull the pin & move the arm out of the way to line everything up.

I will eventually get around to making a real bender stand...but for now...what I'm doing is working for what I need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts