Discussion Starter #1
does this seem about right?

381 stock

Brute force CAI
DT long tubs- no cats w/ electric cutouts
Flowmaster catback H-pipe single 40 series

est crank hp 420?
wheel hp 335?

either way I still havent got my urd sims in and it feels the same speed if not slower. I cant wait for the urd sims. And I wish some of you w/ DTs would chime in and tell me if any of you had to re torque your headers after a certain amount of miles? thanks :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I recommend retorqing any header (even OEM) after its installed and run a while.

~JH

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
At the request of the installer I had mine insspected and retorqued after 500 miles. Everything was perfect and are now warranted to not leak for life.

·
Registered
984 Posts
With out tuning your exhaust setup may be hurting you. The cutouts probably arent helping either with the loss of back pressure. The ECU may be fighting against your mods. If you get a chance, swap out those flowmasters for anything else. lol.

Another thing to consider is you may not have lost any power, the headers may have changed up your power band a little. Does it pull any harder in the higher RPM's?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I believe that the directions say to retorque them after 20 minutes of driving after install. I plan to take mine in within the next week for the retorque.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I did not retorque mine.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input. I hope once I install the sims and reset the ECU I should see some kind of power increase. But I know w/ the cutouts open the low end is weaker for sure I pretty much installed those for pure HOLY $#it sound whenever I want. lol, but it does feel pretty strong when everything is closed. As far as the cat back, u said flowmaster(s) to b clea,r there is only 1 muffler and the piping is all mandrel bent 2 3/4 all the way back. So I hope that would help. Either way, I cant wait for a handheld or custom tuner to come out for the 5.7!!! Cause i need one bad. lol. I checked for exhaust "soot" around as much of the headers that I could see, and no soot. (typical sign of leaking) No sound and no soot so far and it's been 600 miles or so. Either way, i agree that I should have them retorqued asap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts