Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried running it. The manual says the Tacoma will run 10%, but I haven't tried it yet. I was wondering if anyone else has and if they noticed any differences. Gas mileage differences, knocking ect.
Thanks, Blotto

·
Registered
80 Posts
My experiance with blended ethanol is that your milage will go down some. ethanol has less thermal density that gas, so it takes more fuel to make the same amount of power. Other that that I didn't notice any problems. Personally I prefer not to use ethanol. I have heard it is bad on the fuel lines and pump.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Can't speak to the Tacoma but on the Tundra it runs fine with the 10% ethanol blend. The only plus I see is that it's unlikely that the gas line will freeze from moisture because ethanol absorbs any condensate moisture that might collect in our cold climate fuel tanks. Downside is a 1 to 2 mpg loss in highway driving and a minor power loss which is not noticeable to me. Here in Minnesota because of state law all of our gasoline has a 10% blend of ethanol except at some stations where a few pumps of off-road use only 100% gasoline is available. Ethanol can be used as a octane booster and some states promote that boost (usually a two number rise) at the same price as their regular gasoline.

Larry

PS: Any vehicle sold in this country beginning in the late eighties has a fuel system compatible with the 10% ethanol blended gasoline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.