Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2003 Tundra that I just took for its annual inspection. The MIL was off, and I had no reason to believe anything was wrong. The inspection failed because two monitors (evap and cat) showed a status of "Not Ready." The battery died back near the end of January, but I recharged it and it has been fine ever since. I have driven a couple thousand miles since the battery died, including a trip to NYC last week. Seems to me that the 'Drive Cycle" should have been successfully completed with a couple thousand miles of highway and city 'manhattan' driving. The last time the codes were reset with an OBD sensor was last March. I bought an Actron CP9575 AutoScanner OBD-II Scan Tool this morning, so I could hopefully figure this out without multiple trips to the local garage. Sure enough, two items are INC (Not Ready). Any idea what's going on here? I've heard stories of items with 'Not Ready' status after months of driving. Thank you all for any information you can offer!

Dana

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read about your problem with the OBDII sensor on your Tundra. I have the same issue. Was yours ever resolved? This is so frustrating!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Welcome to the site Donna. Unfortunately for you Dana is one of those A holes who posts a question on here then never comes back. Hover your mouse over his name and you can see he has never been back since the day after he asked that question. So in your case he probably wont help you. That being said, if no one else responds with some help, shoot a message to a guy on here that goes by the name hewitt-tech. Super helpful and can give you some good info about different codes and how to best trouble shoot and clear them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
drive the vehicle at 60mph for 10 minutes. Not 59, not 61, keep rpm steady, no ac, no heater. Stop, do it one more time, your monitors will be set or you will have a CEL

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are no codes to clear, just a "not ready." We have run the "cycles" (there are at least 3 or 4 different ones). We have an appointment to put it on a Dynamo. Still don't have high hopes. Thanks. Maybe it's time to get a new vehicle. Never had any other problem other than this stupid one. I'll let you know if we figure it out.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Check Engine Light

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
There are no codes to clear, just a "not ready." We have run the "cycles" (there are at least 3 or 4 different ones). We have an appointment to put it on a Dynamo. Still don't have high hopes. Thanks. Maybe it's time to get a new vehicle. Never had any other problem other than this stupid one. I'll let you know if we figure it out.
I'm no mechanic but not sure why you would ever put a vehicle on a dyno just because you have a problem with it. Did you ever send a message to hewitt-tech?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts