Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week , the Check Engine light came on and I took it to Autozone to get them to read the code. It came back as P0446. There was also another code that was related to the Evaporative Emissions canister. I was told that this could be a result of something as benign as the gas cap being left loose. Apparently the fuel system is pressurized. And so I checked the cap and it was fine , so I had him erase the code. The Check Engine light remained unlit for about three days , then came back on.
Because the engine still runs fine and the mileage has not been affected I opted to leave it as it is for now. Ok , ok , it's actually because the new charcoal canister is just under $300.00 and it would cost $150.00 to install.
Has anyone else had a problem like this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a similar problem with the cannister in my 2006 4runner 4X4 with 27 miles on the odometer. :eek: Dealer replaced the cannister because of a leak and I had no further problems. I think they have since issued a TSB on this problem for the 4runner. No problems so for on my DC Tundra.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i had some similar EVAP system codes pop up a while back. it just turned out to be a hose that had popped off from the canister.
or it could just be the hose from the VSV, thats what happened to my brothers truck. had to buy one of them clamps to hold it down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts