Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week , the Check Engine light came on and I took it to Autozone to get them to read the code. It came back as P0446. There was also another code that was related to the Evaporative Emissions canister. I was told that this could be a result of something as benign as the gas cap being left loose. Apparently the fuel system is pressurized. And so I checked the cap and it was fine , so I had him erase the code. The Check Engine light remained unlit for about three days , then came back on.
Because the engine still runs fine and the mileage has not been affected I opted to leave it as it is for now. Ok , ok , it's actually because the new charcoal canister is just under $300.00 and it would cost $150.00 to install.
Has anyone else had a problem like this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a similar problem with the cannister in my 2006 4runner 4X4 with 27 miles on the odometer. :eek: Dealer replaced the cannister because of a leak and I had no further problems. I think they have since issued a TSB on this problem for the 4runner. No problems so for on my DC Tundra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.