Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 8481 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
the first thing i'm gonna do is getting a propane bomb build in..!! propane is € 0,60 in the netherlands...

don't even go there... you just don't want to know..!! and i mean that..!!

diesel is € 1,20 in the netherlands, petrol is about € 1,45 and these prices are per liter..!!

:D dikkie :D
.60 is pretty cheap, that's less than a buck a litre.

The petrol price is a little high, I'm sure your friend Flanders pays around $1.10 Canadian in NB.

·
Registered
72 Posts
.60 is pretty cheap, that's less than a buck a litre.

The petrol price is a little high, I'm sure your friend Flanders pays around $1.10 Canadian in NB.
I assume petrol is just regular fuel?? Who uses that word??

Yep, is about a buck 10... But Calais, Maine is only 5 minutes away and that saves me about 20 cts a litre I guess....

O sorry, Gallons .... that ll be about 3,50 a gallon...

Howcome you think a buck a litre is cheap... Only a few years ago U guys had fuel almost for free overhere...:confused: I should have been here back in the 80ies...

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I assume petrol is just regular fuel?? Who uses that word??

Yep, is about a buck 10... But Calais, Maine is only 5 minutes away and that saves me about 20 cts a litre I guess....

O sorry, Gallons .... that ll be about 3,50 a gallon...

Howcome you think a buck a litre is cheap... Only a few years ago U guys had fuel almost for free overhere...:confused: I should have been here back in the 80ies...
I don't think a buck a litre is cheap, it sucks really, but in comparison for Europe it seems pretty good.

Calais is great, you just cross the border from NB and the first thing you see is a gas station. lol

I can't remember which one it is, but its on the left side of the road.

It might even be an Irving. I can't remember, maybe its Mobil...seems to me the sign was green...

Doesn't matter, I just remember that it was FULL of Canadian license plates.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You ever wonder how evolution occurs.

I've heard it asked "If man evolved from apes, why are there still apes?"

I think this explains it.

Wolf
Malamut
German Sheppard
Doberman
Rat
GE 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

GE 1:27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

GE 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

Man was created in the image of God and is to rule over the animal kingdom.
Why does mankind want to degrade himself? If I told you I was leaving my 01 Tundra in the garage expecting to it to evolve into a super truck much better than an 07 you would think I was crazy.

God wants people to turn back to the truth and repent from their evil ways.
God has expressed his love and mercy through Jesus Christ but without repentance judgment will come. I do not think the Lord will buy the excuse for people's unbelief that they believed they came from apes. How do people exist in a world without a knowledge of their creator? Fortunately I can drive through our country and find thousands of churches, millions of believers, hundreds of Christian radio stations, seminaries, etc.

Remember, GAL 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
So who could it be planting all of those bones and fossils and other evidence that supports the theory of evolution? Let's see...hmmmm....who is that........oh I don't know maybe SATAN!!!!!!!!!

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
So who could it be planting all of those bones and fossils and other evidence that supports the theory of evolution? Let's see...hmmmm....who is that........oh I don't know maybe SATAN!!!!!!!!!

LOL! that was good!!

I think that science and religion can coexist...the science that has been discovered and evolutionary theories that have been proposed are explainations of how God made things. And remember, the bible is the retelling of stories...it's technically theoretical guide for Christians and Jews to study.

An intelligent person considers all sources of information:)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Finally someone is starting to get it.

From an article by Dr. Henry Morris of ICR

Evolution Never Happened in the Past
Evolutionists commonly answer the above criticism by claiming that evolution goes too slowly for us to see it happening today. They used to claim that the real evidence for evolution was in the fossil record of the past, but the fact is that the billions of known fossils do not include a single unequivocal transitional form with transitional structures in the process of evolving.

Given that evolution, according to Darwin, was in a continual state of motion . . . it followed logically that the fossil record should be rife with examples of transitional forms leading from the less to the more evolved.3

Even those who believe in rapid evolution recognize that a considerable number of generations would be required for one distinct "kind" to evolve into another more complex kind. There ought, therefore, to be a considerable number of true transitional structures preserved in the fossils -- after all, there are billions of non-transitional structures there! But (with the exception of a few very doubtful creatures such as the controversial feathered dinosaurs and the alleged walking whales), they are not there.

Instead of filling in the gaps in the fossil record with so-called missing links, most paleontologists found themselves facing a situation in which there were only gaps in the fossil record, with no evidence of transformational intermediates between documented fossil species.4

The entire history of evolution from the evolution of life from non-life to the evolution of vertebrates from invertebrates to the evolution of man from the ape is strikingly devoid of intermediates: the links are all missing in the fossil record, just as they are in the present world.

With respect to the origin of life, a leading researcher in this field, Leslie Orgel, after noting that neither proteins nor nucleic acids could have arisen without the other, concludes:

And so, at first glance, one might have to conclude that life could never, in fact, have originated by chemical means.5

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
So, since the fossil record is not perfect and complete, logic dictates that it must have been the invisible man who created us? I don't buy it. Where is the perfect and complete archeological evidence to prove every story found in the Bible? It doesn't exist either. There is only one way to find out for sure and that is to die and see what happens. My brother got "saved" a few years ago and has been on my butt ever since. I told him my definition of the word faith is to suspend logic and reason and believe something simply because you want to. Until that definition changes for me, the invisible man will remain just that.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
So, since the fossil record is not perfect and complete, logic dictates that it must have been the invisible man who created us? I don't buy it. Where is the perfect and complete archeological evidence to prove every story found in the Bible? It doesn't exist either. There is only one way to find out for sure and that is to die and see what happens. My brother got "saved" a few years ago and has been on my butt ever since. I told him my definition of the word faith is to suspend logic and reason and believe something simply because you want to. Until that definition changes for me, the invisible man will remain just that.
Songdog , Jesus fulfilled over fifty prophecies in the the Bible when he came into the world. The quote below refers to the probabilities of Jesus just fulfilling eight. I do not believe faith in the God of the Bible and His Son Jesus is a leap of faith and not logical. The best thing to do is to read about Him in the best seller the Bible. Start with the book of John.

I was stationed in Portland. A beautiful area full of the creators' handiwork. I loved skiing Mt Hood. There are some very good churches there. I am glad your brother is sharing the truth and love of the Lord with you. I would not want to wait till you enter into eternity to find out you are wrong on this one. 2 Cor 6;1 "As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. 2 For he says,

"In the time of my favor I heard you,
and in the day of salvation I helped you."
I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

The following probabilities are taken from Peter Stoner in Science Speaks (Moody Press, 1963) to show that coincidence is ruled out by the science of probability. Stoner says that by using the modern science of probability in reference to eight prophecies, 'we find that the chance that any man might have lived down to the present time and fulfilled all eight prophecies is 1 in 1017." That would be 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000. In order to help us comprehend this staggering probability, Stoner illustrates it by supposing that "we take 1017 silver dollars and lay them on the face of Texas. They will cover all of the state two feet deep.* "Now mark one of these silver dollars and stir the whole mass thoroughly, all over the state. Blindfold a man and tell him that he can travel as far as he wishes, but he must pick up one silver dollar and say that this is the right one. What chance would he have of getting the right one? Just the same chance that the prophets would have had of writing these eight prophecies and having them all come true in any one man." *****Stoner considers 48 prophecies and says, "we find the chance that any one man fulfilled all 48 prophecies to be 1 in 10157, or 1 in
100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00
Blessings,
Jan

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
There is no point in getting in a big pi$$ing match over this. Nobody is going to change their minds here so we will just have to respectfully disagree. I don't think either one of us is eager to find out for sure any time soon.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I think that my explaination makes sense and takes quite a bit into account. I was raised a Christian and studied sciences, so I learned to use science as an explaination for things that the bible was hazy on, or may have had wrong.

Jan, I understand and respect your faith, but as I stated before "An intelligent person considers all sources of information" you cannot be certain about anything without first being open-minded to everything.

When the bible was formed there were many things that could not be explained, because the scientific knowledge was not there yet. For instance, folks used to believe that the universe revolved around the earth. Now that has been proven to not be the case. For centuries, the evidence that the Earth revolves around the sun has presented itself on numerous occasions. As such, evolution does not have to cancel out the bible; it can easily compliment the bible, but folks are too narrow-minded and set in their sheep-like (follow the flock nose-to-a$$) mentality, that they often become blind to the realities that present themselves all around us.

Finally, there were no cars mentioned in the bible, does that mean that they don't exist today? Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

I'm not flaming, I'm not bashing, I'm just trying to enlighten. This thread wasn't started as a Brown vs. The Board of Education religious debate, so let's not turn it into one. :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I am just trying to enlighten also. The Apostle Paul liked to discuss things too. I love this passage,
AC 17:16 While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols. 17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and the God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there. 18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to dispute with him. Some of them asked, "What is this babbler trying to say?" Others remarked, "He seems to be advocating foreign gods." They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection. 19 Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, "May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20 You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we want to know what they mean." 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

AC 17:22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.

AC 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27 God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28 `For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, `We are his offspring.'

AC 17:29 "Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone--an image made by man's design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

Enough said

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My wife says I evolved from this...

:devil:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was raised a Christian and studied sciences, so I learned to use science as an explaination for things that the bible was hazy on, or may have had wrong.
If you think parts are wrong how can you believe any of it? Do you just pick out the things you like and the rest they got wrong? What makes God "God" if he didn't create us? To believe in both is very confusing. :rolleyes:

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
If you think parts are wrong how can you believe any of it? Do you just pick out the things you like and the rest they got wrong? What makes God "God" if he didn't create us? To believe in both is very confusing. :rolleyes:
I think that I made my point in a previous post by bringing up the example (not necessarily biblical?) that folks used to think that everything in the universe revolved around the earth, and it's proven that it doesn't.

The bible only states that the Earth was created in 6 days right? what about the rest of the universe? bible doesn't say anything about that, yet it still exists. Do you see my point? There are certain things which the bible doesn't explain very well or did not take into account. I don't necessarily pick and choose them. I still don't know how Jesus walked on water or turned water into wine...no scientific explaination, so I'll accept the Bible's miracle explaination.

Also, if we were created in god's image, and we evolved, then wouldn't that make god an ape. I bet you'd be shocked as sh!t to walk into heaven and see a chimp sitting on God's throne. Or maybe he evolved and changed along our ancestral record...maybe he started off as primordial soup and then evolved....I don't know, but it's interesting to think about. I bet God's proud of me for having the open-mind and intelligence to think through such scenarios.

Who's to say that God can't evolve? I know I know, it's not in the bible, but neither is my dog or the hybrid Bermuda sod that's in my backyard.

My point is, the bible is a guide, an account of how things happened through the eyes of others...others who did not have the knowledge that we have today...it doesn't make them backwards, wrong or ignorant, it just means that they did their best to explain thing based upon available knowledge, and as knowledge of our universe has evolved, so has the ability to explain things in the bible.

Thought provoking isn't it.

Also, to refute what I say by quoting scripture is merely a closed-minded attempt at argument. I'm presenting a thought that religion and science can interact...one helps explain another...not debasing anything.

Did god make the sky blue or is it the refraction of visible light wavelengths by our atmosphere?

Don't be scared that there may be a scientific explaination for portions of the bible.

The moral of the story is, when you die, you might want to have a banana in your pocket:D

21 - 40 of 8481 Posts