Toyota Tundra Forums banner

8441 - 8460 of 8481 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'm sure jan would have a different take, but I tend to think this is what we get when we ignore evolution and biological imperatives in favor of social constructs and actively push for "diversity."

Oh, and the thread LIVES!
The human race exhibits the same old sinful behaviors since Adam and Eve. As Isaiah prophesied 2800 years ago we are now calling good evil and evil good. Instead of shooting Chelsey Manning as a traitor shim has now become a hero.

Thank God for Trump who defends Christian liberties and causes as man was created in the image of God and is not an evolved animal, even though sin causes many to live/act worse than the animals.

How does evolution explain people like Kim Jong Un, bad ape genes?

Hope things are going well for you Doc. A few months ago I hauled one of our boarder's horses to Columbus so she could attend Otterbein U. I thought you lived in that area. Cincinnati was a zoo to pull a horse trailer through but my new F150 handle the load with ease. Is your wife still an equestrian fan? I suppose your daughters are in college now too?

·
2,445 Posts
:rofl:

:rapture:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
The human race exhibits the same old sinful behaviors since Adam and Eve. As Isaiah prophesied 2800 years ago we are now calling good evil and evil good. Instead of shooting Chelsey Manning as a traitor shim has now become a hero.

Thank God for Trump who defends Christian liberties and causes as man was created in the image of God and is not an evolved animal, even though sin causes many to live/act worse than the animals.

How does evolution explain people like Kim Jong Un, bad ape genes?

Hope things are going well for you Doc. A few months ago I hauled one of our boarder's horses to Columbus so she could attend Otterbein U. I thought you lived in that area. Cincinnati was a zoo to pull a horse trailer through but my new F150 handle the load with ease. Is your wife still an equestrian fan? I suppose your daughters are in college now too?
I'm just going to say if Trump represents the best of Christianity, I'm more glad than ever I'm a Buddhist. Evolution doesn't explain Un, but perhaps psychology might.

Coming up through Cincinnati isn't fun regardless of what you drive. I'm somewhat west of Columbus, but my youngest daughter is at Otterbein. My oldest graduated, majoring in Geology. You know, the study of all of those rocks you say are only 6000 or so years old. And yes, my wife still rides competitively.

Hope things are going well for you, and glad you like the truck. If something ever happened to my Tundra, I would probably opt for something much smaller, since we don't have a trailer to pull any longer. Her trainer does all of that. I would look at a Tacoma, perhaps a Wrangler, or even an Outback.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Doc, no wonder you are broke, Otterbein is a pricey school. Sounds like your daughters are doing great.

I went to the Creation Museum with the FT Knox chapel a few weeks ago and was really impressed with the displays. Very good differentiation between the concept of evolution and creation. Same basic points I was trying to make in this thread for ten years. Those who went to Noah's ark last year said they even liked it better. https://creationmuseum.org/

Amazing that Ken Ham, a biology teacher from Austalia, frustrated with the way evolution was being taught in schools, could put this all together.

I didn't know there are 4000 varieties of finches with all sorts of different shape and sized beaks. Still clueless about how Darwin could draw some correlation between beaks on finches and evolution. Many varieties of dogs but same species, just bred for different purposes. Same goes for horses, we have the whole range from Hackney ponies to Irish Sport horses.

Have a Merry Christmas and yes Trump supports its use.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Doc, no wonder you are broke, Otterbein is a pricey school. Sounds like your daughters are doing great.

I went to the Creation Museum with the FT Knox chapel a few weeks ago and was really impressed with the displays. Very good differentiation between the concept of evolution and creation. Same basic points I was trying to make in this thread for ten years. Those who went to Noah's ark last year said they even liked it better. https://creationmuseum.org/

Amazing that Ken Ham, a biology teacher from Austalia, frustrated with the way evolution was being taught in schools, could put this all together.

I didn't know there are 4000 varieties of finches with all sorts of different shape and sized beaks. Still clueless about how Darwin could draw some correlation between beaks on finches and evolution. Many varieties of dogs but same species, just bred for different purposes. Same goes for horses, we have the whole range from Hackney ponies to Irish Sport horses.

Have a Merry Christmas and yes Trump supports its use.
I'm not paying for her time at Otterbein, and she is doing quite well.

I can see why you would like Ken Ham, and the two of you seem to have much in common. Both eschew science, scientific reality and evidence in favor of biblical accounts. Of course while the fact that the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter seem to be in difficult straits financially gives me hope for the intelligence of people, it does sadden me that the people of the area fell for the idea and are going to be harmed financially as a result.

In regard to the finches, I would refer you to Peter and Rosemary Grant, who have been studying the finches for some forty years or so. However, everything from morphology, to song, to ability to breed with one another come into play in the determination of separate species. Sure, there are plenty of varieties of dogs, but you can breed one variety to another, and they will happily do so on their own, and produce viable, non-hybrid offspring. The same can be said for horses. Many of the finches will only breed with others specifically like them, not other "varieties." This is a strong indication of speciation in action.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas

·
Registered
3,269 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very interesting reads, DocWard. That Nature article was surprisingly well written in terms of explaining this stuff in a way that I could understand it.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Modern medicine is ruining natural selection so we have higher cancer rates. A true evolutionist should protest people getting treated for cancer so they don't pass on the mutant genes. I guess I should of let myself die of prostate cancer instead of getting surgery. Once again the hypocrisy of evolutionary science by thwarting natural selection and curing cancer.https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171011100708.htm

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Modern medicine is ruining natural selection so we have higher cancer rates. A true evolutionist should protest people getting treated for cancer so they don't pass on the mutant genes. I guess I should of let myself die of prostate cancer instead of getting surgery. Once again the hypocrisy of evolutionary science by thwarting natural selection and curing cancer.https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171011100708.htm
Well, I'm glad you haven't given up on posts that leave me trying to figure out what you're talking about! Dare I ask how you define a "true evolutionist?" Certainly it goes far beyond a person who accepts the scientific validity of the theory of evolution. Is it a person who espouses not allowing any medicinal usage at all? Or, only pharmaceuticals that aren't "organic?" What about healthy diets? After all, diet has been shown to have an effect on health, including cancer. So, should a person forego going to the supermarket, or even gardening and herding, and instead go back to foraging or only eat what can be gathered and hunted to be a "true evolutionist?"

As per usual, you've left me shaking my head. It's good some things remain the same.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
On another note, I discovered a number of videos on Youtube from a call in show called "The Atheist Experience." I'm not suggesting anyone become an atheist, but I do find the creationists that call in trying to justify their faith, and arguing everything from cosmology to evolution to be strangely... familiar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just had an awesome example of the evolution of an ice cream sandwich. New place opened in town that serves your choice of 30 ice cream flavors with either candy toppings or cereal toppings sandwiched between a warm Krispy Kreme donut. Man, it was good!

Guess that increases my chance of getting some unhealthy disease.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Just had an awesome example of the evolution of an ice cream sandwich. New place opened in town that serves your choice of 30 ice cream flavors with either candy toppings or cereal toppings sandwiched between a warm Krispy Kreme donut. Man, it was good!

Guess that increases my chance of getting some unhealthy disease.
If you're going to live dangerously, it might as well taste good!

8441 - 8460 of 8481 Posts