Toyota Tundra Forums banner

8461 - 8480 of 8481 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Just had an awesome example of the evolution of an ice cream sandwich. New place opened in town that serves your choice of 30 ice cream flavors with either candy toppings or cereal toppings sandwiched between a warm Krispy Kreme donut. Man, it was good!

Guess that increases my chance of getting some unhealthy disease.
It will help clear the gene pool of people with no dietary control through natural selection. According to evolution to survive you need to be fit.:wink2:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Well, I'm glad you haven't given up on posts that leave me trying to figure out what you're talking about! Dare I ask how you define a "true evolutionist?" Certainly it goes far beyond a person who accepts the scientific validity of the theory of evolution. Is it a person who espouses not allowing any medicinal usage at all? Or, only pharmaceuticals that aren't "organic?" What about healthy diets? After all, diet has been shown to have an effect on health, including cancer. So, should a person forego going to the supermarket, or even gardening and herding, and instead go back to foraging or only eat what can be gathered and hunted to be a "true evolutionist?"

As per usual, you've left me shaking my head. It's good some things remain the same.
"Besides the obvious benefits that modern medicine gives, it also brings with it an unexpected side-effect: allowing genetic material to be passed from one generation to the next that predisposes people to have poor health, such as type 1 diabetes or cancer.

"Because of the quality of our healthcare in western society, we have almost removed natural selection as the 'janitor of the gene pool'. Unfortunately, the accumulation of genetic mutations over time and across multiple generations is like a delayed death sentence," he says.
Since we have interfered with natural selection and the survival of the fittest cancer rates are up to 1 in 2 today when in 1900 they were 1in 30. Of course, we live longer today, but modern medicine is keeping itself in business by saving people who will in turn pass on genetic mutations to the next generation. A pure evolutionist should argue we need to allow natural selection to be the janitor of the gene pool and not interfere with modern medical treatments, right?

There are many Christian doctors who have dietary regimens based on organic natural fruits, herbs, vegetables and nuts that I prescribe to.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Since we have interfered with natural selection and the survival of the fittest cancer rates are up to 1 in 2 today when in 1900 they were 1in 30. Of course, we live longer today, but modern medicine is keeping itself in business by saving people who will in turn pass on genetic mutations to the next generation. A pure evolutionist should argue we need to allow natural selection to be the janitor of the gene pool and not interfere with modern medical treatments, right?

There are many Christian doctors who have dietary regimens based on organic natural fruits, herbs, vegetables and nuts that I prescribe to.
So, jan, first you use the phrase "true evolutionist," now you use the word "pure evolutionist," yet you still haven't defined the terms in any meaningful way. Care to do so?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/the-reason-there-are-so-many-gaps-in-the-record-of-human-evolution/?fbclid=IwAR0CMyxVnVJBQyV7d-bFuGgGwtF-rpx-dZxqZq8i2AkjCVijiCCP4UPZlIg

Piecing together human evolution is a frustrating job. The simple family tree we once pictured is now looking more like a messy vine, and the fossil record is patchy, making it hard to establish how possible ancestral species related to each other. When we do have fossils, their ages are often unclear. A new study not only improves our capacity to identify fossils' dates, but explains some major gaps: in southern Africa our specimens are restricted to dry eras.

There has been much debate as to whether eastern or southern Africa deserves the title of the true cradle of humanity. Dr Benjamin Schoville of the University of Queensland explained to IFLScience the two have very different geologies.

In eastern Africa, Schoville described the ground as “like a layer cake” with volcanic eruptions giving us accurate dates for anything preserved beneath them. Southern African caves, on the other hand, have provided a rich source of Australopithecus, Paranthropus, and Homo remains over the last 3.2 million years. Schoville explained, however, that these are mostly not caves as we think of them, and don't indicate our ancestors were cave dwellers for much of this time. Instead, they are “more like sinkholes,” Schoville said, with human bones washed in or dropped there by birds.

Unsurprisingly, these remains are much harder to date accurately. Now, however, Schoville has reported in Nature that these sinkholes are climate dependent.

“We sampled and dated calcium carbonate flowstone rocks that form in caves, and discovered that the caves only accumulated fossils when the environment was dry,” Schoville said in a statement. “We know this because the caves were closed off when it was wetter. During these times the flowstones, such as stalagmites and stalactites, were able to grow and do not include fossils.”

Flowstone layers from one of the South African caves from which we have collected a rich store of hominin fossils, with red cave sediments underneath. The fossils are all found in the sediment layers, laid down in drier times. Dr Robyn Pickering
Major caves were closed by vegetation and flowstones for periods of hundreds of thousands of years between 3.2 and 1.3 million years ago. “Because the accumulation of fossils was constrained to certain periods, the evolution of these early hominins looks like it happened in rapid bursts, but it may have actually been a much more gradual process,” Schoville said.

Unfortunately, Schoville explained to IFLScience, we can't do much to fill these gaps, with no likely places to look for wet-era fossils.

On the positive side, however, the flowstones can be used to date the fossils deposited between them more precisely. This, Schoville said, will “put the southern African record on a par with East Africa,” and may eventually help us understand the relationships between the species we identify.

More broadly, Schoville thinks other interrupted fossil records may have encouraged the theory of “punctuated equilibrium” where evolution is thought to occur in short bursts, separated by periods of near-stasis.
Kind of cool. Of course, every time you find a "missing link" the creationists argue you now have twice as many gaps.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
The only missing link evolutionists need is God. Through it is entertaining to watch people like Dawkins and Hawking try to explain the universe and mankind apart from God. L Ron Hubbard, a science fiction writer has duped millions into one of the fastest growing pseudo churches called Scientology. Of course, if God did not send the Light of the World, Jesus Christ into it, I would still be living in darkness and the futility of my own reasoning too.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
The only missing link evolutionists need is God. Through it is entertaining to watch people like Dawkins and Hawking try to explain the universe and mankind apart from God. L Ron Hubbard, a science fiction writer has duped millions into one of the fastest growing pseudo churches called Scientology. Of course, if God did not send the Light of the World, Jesus Christ into it, I would still be living in darkness and the futility of my own reasoning too.
What about the "evolutionists," as you call them, who are also "Christians?" Oh, that's right, they're not the right kind of "Christian"...

What Hubbard has to do with the price of eggs in China, I have no idea, though.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
What about the "evolutionists," as you call them, who are also "Christians?" Oh, that's right, they're not the right kind of "Christian"...

What Hubbard has to do with the price of eggs in China, I have no idea, though.
There used to be a bunch of good Christians that believed the earth was flat or was the center of the solar system according to the science of the day. Science comes up with crazy theories like evolution that is constantly being disproved.
Case in point, read this article https://www.foxnews.com/science/180-million-year-old-sea-monster-found-with-skin-and-blubber?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork
Do you really believe a dolphin-like creature could have skin and blubber after being 180 million years old? If they said 100,000 years old I would still laugh. This article in itself should have everyone who has a brain questioning the time frames evolutionists make up to support their theories. Spielberg's next movie could be Jurrasic Monster Dolphin. Evolutionists then think I am ignorant for believing the world is 10,000 years old. Give me a break.

Doc I am surprised you have not concluded by now people are stupid, ignorant, liars and evil. They are easily deceived. Case in point, Al Gore, a so-called climatologist said the North Pole ice cap would melt by 2014. Many bought into his craziness and he made millions from it.

Doc, have a great Christmas with your family and contemplate how that baby changed the world.
https://www.moodymedia.org/sermons/baby-who-changed-world/he-redeems-world/#.XAqmjGhKhPY

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
There used to be a bunch of good Christians that believed the earth was flat or was the center of the solar system according to the science of the day. Science comes up with crazy theories like evolution that is constantly being disproved.
Case in point, read this article https://www.foxnews.com/science/180-million-year-old-sea-monster-found-with-skin-and-blubber?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork
Do you really believe a dolphin-like creature could have skin and blubber after being 180 million years old? If they said 100,000 years old I would still laugh. This article in itself should have everyone who has a brain questioning the time frames evolutionists make up to support their theories. Spielberg's next movie could be Jurrasic Monster Dolphin. Evolutionists then think I am ignorant for believing the world is 10,000 years old. Give me a break.

Doc I am surprised you have not concluded by now people are stupid, ignorant, liars and evil. They are easily deceived. Case in point, Al Gore, a so-called climatologist said the North Pole ice cap would melt by 2014. Many bought into his craziness and he made millions from it.

Doc, have a great Christmas with your family and contemplate how that baby changed the world.
https://www.moodymedia.org/sermons/baby-who-changed-world/he-redeems-world/#.XAqmjGhKhPY
As I recall, the "good Christians" of the day attempted to deny the science and silence the Scientists that disagreed with their interpretation of the Bible. Galileo Galilei ring any bells? His scientific and mathematical conclusions were denied by those good Christians because they were seen as conflicting with Bible verse. Some things never change, it seems.

Ichthyosaurs have been known to paleontologists for nearly 200 years. The fact that we've advanced, scientifically and technologically, to the point where we're able to discern the fact that these animals had blubber and skin is fascinating. The fact that they are "dolphin like" in that regard is merely a way of offering an analogy. They share traits, despite not being closely related, if you read fully.

As for global warming, climate change and all that... it is a different topic altogether. Climate change is a fact. The question is the level of anthropogenic climate change. I'm going to avoid going down that road, simply because I haven't studied the issue enough to speak in an informed and knowledgeable fashion.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too, Jan, and given that tomorrow is December 8, Happy Rohatsu, or Bodhi Day, to you. Unless you prefer to wait until January 13th per the Chinese lunar calendar, that is.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
https://biologos.org/blogs/archive/innocence-and-evolution-you-dont-have-to-choose-between-christian-faith-and-evolutionary-biology

Most ancient interpreters, relying on ancient science, thought the earth was young (and flat). But our best interpreters did not employ a rigid biblical literalism that forced them into believing the earth had to be young in order for Scripture to be honored. As an ancient man who knew ancient science, Augustine believed the earth was young and flat, but his interpretive methods make it clear that if he lived now, he would not. For example, Augustine says that when science proves something that seems to contradict Scripture, the proven scientific truth should take precedence over the literal sense of Scripture. All that to say, the weight of orthodox Christian biblical interpretation is heavily tilted against a rigidly literal reading of Genesis 1-2, and this was the case long before Darwinian evolution came on the scene.
While it doesn't change my mind regarding religion, the article does make for good reading. It was brought to my attention by a close friend who is a Lutheran pastor.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
https://biologos.org/blogs/archive/innocence-and-evolution-you-dont-have-to-choose-between-christian-faith-and-evolutionary-biology

While it doesn't change my mind regarding religion, the article does make for good reading. It was brought to my attention by a close friend who is a Lutheran pastor.
Third, evolution exacerbates the problem of evil. Evolution is a brutal, vicious, wasteful process. It involves the creation of life through monstrous violence over immense ages of time. Why would a God of infinite goodness and beauty employ such a cruel means?
I agree if God is good He would never use the process of evolution and of course, He did not. The creation story lines up with God's character and as great as man's sin is, Jesus Christ overcame sin and death granting those who accept Him everlasting life. So adding evolution to a Christian view dilutes the real message of the Bible. Adam and Eve sins thus the whole human race is sinful but is able to be redeemed by God's great mercy and grace by sending his Son to endure our sin on the cross and be raised from the dead.

If evolution was true it would be a horrible hopeless state that we are here totally devoid of meaning created by random chance. I get depressed just thinking about it, but I know I have a loving God who saved me. He will take me to heaven someday to be with Him and enjoy Him forever. Now that is the good news of the Bible fulfilled in the resurrected Lord and revealed by the Holy Spirit. Can telling people they came from ape bring comfort or that God loves them and has a wonderful plan for their life? You be the judge.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I agree if God is good He would never use the process of evolution and of course, He did not. The creation story lines up with God's character and as great as man's sin is, Jesus Christ overcame sin and death granting those who accept Him everlasting life. So adding evolution to a Christian view dilutes the real message of the Bible. Adam and Eve sins thus the whole human race is sinful but is able to be redeemed by God's great mercy and grace by sending his Son to endure our sin on the cross and be raised from the dead.

If evolution was true it would be a horrible hopeless state that we are here totally devoid of meaning created by random chance. I get depressed just thinking about it, but I know I have a loving God who saved me. He will take me to heaven someday to be with Him and enjoy Him forever. Now that is the good news of the Bible fulfilled in the resurrected Lord and revealed by the Holy Spirit. Can telling people they came from ape bring comfort or that God loves them and has a wonderful plan for their life? You be the judge.
Seems someone cherry-picked. Why not try to respond to the rest of the article, to the conclusion? Or would that be too challenging for you? That is your usual MO, so I'm not surprised.

I find it fascinating that someone can't find meaning in their life without needing to kowtow to some higher power that demands obedience. Not just obedience, but obedience based on faith without proof. It is then convenient that the higher power demands meaning be found through service to said higher power.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Seems someone cherry-picked. Why not try to respond to the rest of the article, to the conclusion? Or would that be too challenging for you? That is your usual MO, so I'm not surprised.

I find it fascinating that someone can't find meaning in their life without needing to kowtow to some higher power that demands obedience. Not just obedience, but obedience based on faith without proof. It is then convenient that the higher power demands meaning be found through service to said higher power.
God loves us and wants to have a relationship with those he created through His Son Jesus Christ. There is so much more meaning in the Creator than just in his creation. I will lose my wife soon to terminal cancer unless God heals her, Mayo Clinic could not but our relationship will continue someday in heaven with the Lord. God's Word is a guarantee and His Holy Spirit bears witness that I am His Child. In so much then I have irrefutable proof of God's relationship and love for me. Jesus is the light of the world, so read about Him in the book a John. My former pastor was an atheistic legal writer for the Chicago Tribune. Read the book Case for Christ or watch the movie.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I will lose my wife soon to terminal cancer unless God heals her, Mayo Clinic could not but our relationship will continue someday in heaven with the Lord. God's Word is a guarantee and His Holy Spirit bears witness that I am His Child.
jan, I will simply say you have my condolences, and for what it is worth to you, I will keep you and her in my thoughts and meditations. I am glad your faith gives you comfort in a time like this.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
jan, I will simply say you have my condolences, and for what it is worth to you, I will keep you and her in my thoughts and meditations. I am glad your faith gives you comfort in a time like this.
Thanks, we all share things in common as human beings and unfortunately losing loved ones is one of them. My wife is a great and Godly Person who has such a good attitude as she faces her home going and loves the Lord so much. Hundreds of people praying for us.

I hope you and your family are doing well and blessings upon you.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Holy cow! No activity on this thread for eleven months? I get busy and sidetracked and things go to hell in a hand basket! Guess I need to put my boots on and get too work.

As an aside, jan kohlmann, if you're reading this, I hope you are doing well.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Doc, my wonderful and talented wife went to heaven six months ago and is now riding horses with Jesus. We know there are horses in heaven because Jesus returns on a white one. I hope you and your family are doing well.

I have got involved in many church activities and met a few nice Christian ladies. Living alone has been a real struggle, so cherish your wife as they add so much to our lives. God is a relational God who seeks and saves the lost to bring us back to Him. There are so many religions and philosophies trying to keep us from encountering the Living God, evolution being just one. God created us to have an eternal relationship with Him through the forgiveness of sin offered to us through Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. Trust Him for He is our only hope for salvation. God truly rewards those who seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6 Now without faith it is impossible to please him, for the one who approaches God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
jan, again, my condolences. I am glad you are attempting to move on with life, as I am sure your wife would have wanted.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I was sitting here and thought I would check in on everyone, and I realized, we're dealing with this pandemic because of evolution.

8461 - 8480 of 8481 Posts