Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Kevin and I own a 2019 SR5 CrewMax 4X4 OFF ROAD Toyota Tundra. I've been having issue with the truck but something new popped up.

I'm curious about the middle of my trucks exhaust. I've got a lot of water coming out when I'm parked and engine running. My engine seems as it's missing a little. Or just a rough idle. I'm wondering if I have a serious issue. The water doesn't drip out the tailpipe only the middle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, my name is Kevin and I own a 2019 SR5 CrewMax 4X4 OFF ROAD Toyota Tundra. I've been having issue with the truck but something new popped up.

I'm curious about the middle of my trucks exhaust. I've got a lot of water coming out when I'm parked and engine running. My engine seems as it's missing a little. Or just a rough idle. I'm wondering if I have a serious issue. The water doesn't drip out the tailpipe only the middle.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don’t know about the rough idle but the water dripping is probably just condensation where the exhaust mount is right there. I wouldn’t really worry about that from the looks of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,225 Posts
That leak will eventually corrode the flange side of the muffler, I would disassemble, inspect, repair if needed / possible and reattach. This identical problem was ignored by the previous owners of my 2007, and the flange was ate up bad by time I got my hands on it.

I believe it's a pipe alignment problem, the tailpipe and muffler sag at that exact point over time. You may be able to get it fixed under warranty...

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I am almost positive there should be a gasket between those 2 joints and 5 bucks says its either totally missing or was damaged during install, and thats why its leaking. I work at one of the plants and used to install those, they take that seriously because its an exhaust leak that could make its way inside the vehicle where the passengers are. See the link below, should look like that. Yes, it should be under warranty. You could loosen the clamp to check for yourself but because its still under warranty I would not touch it till you let the dealer see it first so they know you didnt tamper with it. The dealer will want to send a report back to the plant called a VOC (Voice of the Customer). I know for a fact the plant gets feed back on defects like that because I have had to fill those out before.

:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
If you do end up taking it to the dealer post back what they say would ya?

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,225 Posts
I am almost positive there should be a gasket between those 2 joints...
Yes, there is a gasket where the tail pipe connects to the OEM cat-back muffler system. I installed a new gasket when I installed my BAMuffler cat-back and a new OEM tail pipe, you can see some of the OEM gasket in this picture.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Warranty yes, but I dont blame him. When you buy a brand new vehicle you should expect trouble free running for years but instead you still have to go through the hassle of dropping it off, waiting to get it back maybe they give you a loaner, maybe they dont etc.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Warranty yes, but I dont blame him. When you buy a brand new vehicle you should expect trouble free running for years but instead you still have to go through the hassle of dropping it off, waiting to get it back maybe they give you a loaner, maybe they dont etc.
There are so many parts on cars and trucks. If this is the only defect, that is pretty good. New vehicles often have issues. That's part of why there is a warranty. I know it's annoying and wastes some time, but don't get upset about it. Could be much worse. Enjoy the free donuts and coffee in the customer lounge while they fix it or go test drive something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts