Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get an exhaust put on my 06 DC Tundra 4.7L, but i am not too sure what brand to go with. I am planning on getting a dual exhaust set up on it and i am not looking for something too loud and annoying. I have gone through many options like (Borla, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Gibson) but i cant seem to stick to one. Anybody have any suggestions or opinions on exhaust systems you may have? Any and all post's are welcome! Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gibson has a nice tone not to loud

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Have you tried searching....theres TONS of dual & single exhaust / muffler threads out there. Just search muffler / exhaust / magnaflow / flowmaster / borla etc etc.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
The Gen 1 TRD duals are made by Borla. They are just a touch louder than stock and have excellent fit and finish. :tu:

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Nobody makes that off the shelf that I know of. You would have to go to a muffler shop and have a custom system built.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I would start with headers and then worry about exhaust. :D

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I normally would think it was, but this is the first time I have seen correctly placed spam! It's normally spam for emu-skin boots in the audio forum or dvd players for cheap in the off road forum. It seems they are getting better! :nod:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
If you don't want annoying, stay clear of magnadrone and blowmaster. Both have muffler designs that utilize chambers of dead space, this chamber acts as a cushion for the expansion of exhaust and causes serious harmonic issues. This harmonic issue is known as the dreaded DRONE! It is not pleasant in any way. Not to mention the restrictive nature of the baffle wall designs they use. I know there are members here who will say they had good results from these two companies, but there are better products to choose from.

Gibson or Borla are good mufflers, in most cases, the bigger the muffler case, the quieter the sound will be. If you are planning on going dual, be sure to go with either an x pipe, or h pipe to connect the two sides and balance the pressures. This will help you not lose much torque on the low end.

I am still a big believer that these trucks perform best with single exhaust, but that's just my personal opinion. The best set up I have found so far is keeping the stock piping and simply swapping the muffler for a Spintech muffler. There is a thread in the exhaust forum with a really good write up from ESCONDIDOTUNDRA about his experiments and success running duals. However, he is working on a pure power system, not a system you can live with everyday.(It's freakin loud:nod:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info everyone. I'm thinking either Gibson or borla now. Still want the true duals for the look I really like, but still gonna think about it. I am also thinking of going headers first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info everyone! Got my choices down to either Gibson or Borla. Still like the true dual idea w/ X or H pipe, but still thinking about it. I'm also thinking of going headers first, JBA or DT. Will post pics once I get it done.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nobody mentioned the Powersticks??? They sound the best to me of all I have listened to. Thats what Im going to get for my '03 Tundra.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts