Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was installing a custom made low pressure (return) power steering hose on a 2000 V8 SR5 AC 90K miles when I accidentally bumped (slightly) a small exhaust shield on the drivers side just where the steering linkage goes into the rack. The small shield is the one on the exhaust pipe itself, not connected to the body. Since it was so rusted, it broke. Should I bother taking this to an exhaust shop or just forget about it? What does everyone think?

I really enjoy this website and have found excellent instructions on self maintenance and thank everyone who has contributed. This weekend is an automatic trans flush (amsoil) and install of a new cooler (bigger for off-road use) and bypass of the radiator. I am enjoying my new (new for me) Tundra.

Thanks
Bruce

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ugh. Great question. Mine is rattling like a sun-of-a-gun, and its making me NUTZ.

I hate to just cut it off though, because I imagine the engineer types put it there for a reason.

Well, now, that reply wasn't any help at all, was it?

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
On the '05, those shields come off with a few nuts. I remember taking them off during the headers install and cleaning grease and mud build up off the back side.

Get a replacement from a scrapyard or make one yourself from roofing flashing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts