Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exhaust smell inside the car (Toyota Carmry 2007 SE V6) 1/4-1/2 mile after hard acceleration only on the freeway. Took the car into the service department and found no problems but it’s still happening. Does anyone with the same problem or experience?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep, both my Camry's do it, its the Cats trying to rid excess fuel from themselves, it goes away. I would not worry about it.
John

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Exhaust in the car when the windows are rolled up not being a worry???? Huh? I do believe exhaust fumes are kind of dangerous. Take it to a different dealership and get'r checked out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the car into Toyota service department again, this time three days of whatever they check, no problem was found. Still exhaust smell coming in to the cabin. Any suggestion.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry, your question did not say it had being going on for 17000 miles.
You could try changing your cabin air filter to one that has activated charcoal in it which may get rid of the odor. I would have the complete exhaust system checked to make sure it is tight and that there are no leaks. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
These replies are absurd. You should NEVER be able to smell exhaust in a closed cabin, no matter WHAT the system is doing. My 2013 Avalon has been back numerous times and it still does it after heavy acceleration - awful, acrid smell of burning sulfur. Exhaust system tests tight. Smoke test in pressurized cabin - nothing. I'm starting to hate the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts