Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 DC 4X4 Flex Fuel single exhaust and looking to upgrade exhaust to either a Borla or TRD. What are your opinions?? Choice will be based on performance, cost and looks. I do have the TRD CAI installed.
Feedback greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

TJ

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have you looked at a Corsa? There are some Vid's on youtube. I have the Corsa Sport and it sounds amazing,
and looks good too.IMO

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
As far as cost they are about the same...about 1000-1200 unless you find them used...will you do the install yourself? It is easy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I will do the install myself. I guess I am looking for 50% sound and 50% performance. I want the sound (of power) but don't want the performance to be less. I will look at Corsa too.
Thanks for the inputs/opinions...keep em coming

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might want to check out Proforce too.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You might want to check out Proforce too.
Another good choice, I was on the fence between the Proforce and the Corsa and ended up going with the Corsa. Both real good choices.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Corsa Sport from me!:tu:

No drone, very good quality, looks good too!

Here are some clips with Corsa Touring Single exhaust on CrewMax with TRD CAI.
First one is going uphill.:D
Corsa + TRD CAI uphill

Second - merging to Highway.
Corsa Touring Single + TRD CAI

Third - cruising 65-70 mph. The sound is the same as with stock, no drone to my ears:tu::D
Corsa Touring + TRD CAI

More clips of other systems:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/performance-exhaust-systems/160040-exhaust-videos/
those were the clips that pushed me over the edge, thanks zpaul lol

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Corsa still doesn't offer any exhaust for the RCSB. :sad:
That blows, they are missing out on a ton of sales. Doesn't make sense to have to buy one and cut it up just to get it to work :td:

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I was but there is the matter of exhaust sound tuning. When I talked to them about shortening the front pipe to fit, and whether this would affect the noise cancellation tuning, they wouldn't guarantee the result.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
After 40K plus with the TRD Duals, I'm still quite happy. When I got them, there were only 2 real choices for bolt on, Borla and TRD. Borla was rear exit, so that was out right away (I think they have a side option now, but didn't then). I tow alot and don't want the exhaust note reverberating back at me off the trailer for hundreds of miles on end. I wanted to stick with as many "Toyota" parts as I could, and the TRD's were side exit...so my choice was made before I took delivery of the truck. Ordered them the day I took delivery with 8 miles on the ODO, and installed them about a week and 1700 miles later. Still sound sweet, no drone, and the stainless is holding up real well, the tips still look new.

Good luck with your choice, there are so many great options now.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Got TRD's on mine since New and couldn't be happier, sound great and can't say there's any loss or performance, can get good mpg, but gotta keep my foot out of it to do so, yet it sounds so good... looks awesome with the polished tips on each side, Best out there... remember being TRD they can't say crap about your exhaust either,,, just another thought.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a 09 DC 4X4 Flex Fuel single exhaust and looking to upgrade exhaust to either a Borla or TRD. What are your opinions?? Choice will be based on performance, cost and looks. I do have the TRD CAI installed.
Feedback greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

TJ
for sound, corsa will be the best. for looks, the borla is dead last, not to mention its useless if you ever back a boat trailer up to a lake or anything.

the TRD can be had for a good price from sparks, and looks awesome.

i doubt any one exhaust system will give you any noticeable power gain over another.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I was but there is the matter of exhaust sound tuning. When I talked to them about shortening the front pipe to fit, and whether this would affect the noise cancellation tuning, they wouldn't guarantee the result.
yup they are the only exhaust company able to engineer the drone completely out of all their set ups. so if you change it, you are garunteed to be changing some of their engineering.

even my TRD duals, will drone in the right conditions.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I wouldn't say the Borla is "dead last" in looks.

I personally chose my Borla because of the looks, so it's all personal preference. I also am not a fan of the fart sound of the Corsa, but hey, that's my opinion.

Anybody ever watch Gearz and notice the Cherrybomb commercials? It's funny b/c the Cherrybomb mufflers make all cars sound the same and they're bickering about which brand is driving by. Same with Corsa, IMO.

Now, I love my Borla and love the sound of it even after about 30K miles with it on.

-rockstate

1 - 20 of 35 Posts