Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Tundra. I have a 2010 Tundra crewmax 5.7. I want to change my sound to a meaner sound but at high speeds don't want to be drowned out of interior cab by the drone. I have researched the with the search option on this site but haven't seen too much on interior drone with good sound outside, can anyone help????

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I am new to Tundra. I have a 2010 Tundra crewmax 5.7. I want to change my sound to a meaner sound but at high speeds don't want to be drowned out of interior cab by the drone. I have researched the with the search option on this site but haven't seen too much on interior drone with good sound outside, can anyone help????
I find that hard to believe. There are lots of threads detailing just this. In fact, I'd wager it's discussed in 80% of the exhaust threads. There are also lots of audio clips of different exhausts.

TRD would be a good choice for you, as would Corsa.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Everyone I have seen on here have all agreed that the "Corsa" does not have any drone, I have been in and outside of a Tundra with the Corsa system and I would have to say if I would ever buy exhaust thats the one I would get because I don't want any chance of that dreaded drone and it sounds good to my ears.

Athough there may be others that offer no drone, this is the one I know for a fact does not drone, because of my experience hearing it going down the highway many times.

I drive on the interstate 80% of the time so thats a big deal for me.

Again I do not own this exhaust but have been in the vehicle it is on many, many times.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've done alot of listening. I will be saving up my pennies for a Corsa Sport. Last dealer I got a price from said they barely sell any of them or of the other higher end brands they carry but do a ton of Flowmasters, Magnaflows, and various mainstream setups. It's mainly due to how much more expensive they are than your customary SI/DO Flowmaster or Maggie. I believe there is a reason for this. Do the reasearch and listen for yourself but from what I've seen, the Corsa is one of few systems that 'wakes up' the 5.7 better than any other while minimizing unpleasant interior noise.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I'm very happy with my Corsa Sport exhaust. No drone and sounds amazing :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts