Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about doing a single 40 Flow to dualed out 4in tips at 45degrees.
Does anyone know what a V8 would sound like with a single cherry bomb?

Post your clips if you have any type of aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am thinking about doing a single 40 Flow to dualed out 4in tips at 45degrees.
Does anyone know what a V8 would sound like with a single cherry bomb?

Post your clips if you have any type of aftermarket exhaust.
LOUD!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would like to get exhaust as well. I was thinking about true duals with 2 glasspacks and 4" rolled tips straight out the back. Anybody have input on that?

Also If I was going to go with a chambered muffeler it would be a flowmasters or Magnaflow. Either way I wanted to do true duals.
I want it to sound very deep.

·
Registered
108 Posts
For what it is worth. the other day i saw a tundra with 4" tips and it just looked wrong. they looked to big sticking out behind the wheels.

I kept 2.5 all the way, single in and dual out with 2.5 " tips and they look just right. 3" would probably be fine looking also in my opionion. But 4" that is pretty darn big. I think the tundra i saw had them sticking out a little far and a little low. maybe if you jamb them up under the bed a little more they might not look so over powering.

For what it is worth!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea of true dual but i dont have that much money right now. I think it would cost around 4 to 500$. Correct me if im wrong. And this is with 2.5 piping.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
If you guys want to have true duals, make sure you don't go over 2.25 inches in pipe diameter, otherwise you won't have enough exhaust gas velocity in the lower rpms - in other words you'll lose low end torque big time. I have my exhaust exiting in front of the rear wheels with a custom x-pipe, two edelbrock sdt muffs and 4 inch tips. It sounds awesome and the low end is great. The 4 inch tips don't look too big at all if you arrange them properly. I chose them primarily for the sound. The bigger the tips are, the more top end growl you get. Smaller rolled edge tips quiet it down alot. I'm trying to get some pictures together and possibly a sound clip or two, but my camera is dead right now. I'll post these as soon as I can.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like the idea of true dual but i dont have that much money right now. I think it would cost around 4 to 500$. Correct me if im wrong. And this is with 2.5 piping.
In southern cal.
true dual from the cats back to the tips with "H" pipe== around $680. With "X" pipe (better)==around $720 using Magnaflows. (went to three shops)

from the resonator back / Single in dual out magna=$400. (everyone was the same on this set up)

I hear that some of the pre-fab ones you can get on E-bay require you to remove your spare!! Screww that!

NOT mandrill (spelling?) bent. Bend on a standard tube bender.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I haven't done exhaust since I had my 93 GMC and that was about 3 years ago. I had my single cat removed, new piping from headers back, true duals and 12" glasspacks with 4" chrome plated tips at a 45 out the sides. $130.
So if they give me an estimate of over $400 on my tundra I will freak out.
On a scale from 1-10 (10 being highest) how much will i benifit from an H or X piping config. Does the exhaust pressure vary that much from side to side that it needs to be balanced. Am I even on the right track with that thought?

I really want something about the same tone as my GMC. I'll see if I can get a video up of me driving it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
If anybody is interested there's a guy here in orange, ca, selling a dual TRD exhaust for 500 bucks

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have a true dual set up on mine with aero turbine mufflers and i love it. i also have an xpipe on this set up and just a personal opinion i probly would not do it with out an xpipe or h pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts