Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find an exploded view of the rear axle assembly of my 05 double cab 4x4 with abs. The dealer faxed one over for me but it was very poor quality. The truck was hit and bent the axle so getting the parts off to put on the new axle involved cutting some parts off to save the others and I need good pics so that I know what I need to replace and how it goes back together.(I am not the one that took it apart) Any help, pics, or links would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Here you go,

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I need but I need a pic with the wheel bearing, bearing housing, abs gear, spacers, etc. behind the brake backing plate.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Going with that pic, I need an inner and outer axle seal but all the local parts houses tell me that its too new of a truck yet the website says its the same for 00-06. I also need to know which direction the wheel bearing is pressed on because I can't tell from pic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You, Thank You, You guys are lifesavers. I've been searching for 2 days and couldn't come up with anything. I got a great deal on this truck knowing that it had a bent axle and I just figured I'd buy a whole assembly from a wrecking yard, plug it in and go but I couldn't find one anywhere so I decided to go with new parts. Then I'd order a part and find out I needed another part and so on. Its been over a week and the truck is still on jack stands. Now I know what I need to and can hopefully get this thing on the road. Thanks again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One last concern. Seeing that I need an outer oil seal, my wife went to Shcucks and picked one up for me. It doesn't look anything like the one in the diagram so I checked Napa online and they have the same thing for the outer axle seal. Is the diagram pic wrong or are the parts stores?

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
One last concern. Seeing that I need an outer oil seal, my wife went to Shcucks and picked one up for me. It doesn't look anything like the one in the diagram so I checked Napa online and they have the same thing for the outer axle seal. Is the diagram pic wrong or are the parts stores?
Is this the seal your reffering to?
It is a dust seal and can be re-used if youre careful. It looks as it appears in the picture I posted. It has a lip on it to keep brake dust out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, that's the one. The diagrams say it is an outer oil seal so thats what I ordered but didn't get anything that looked like the pic. Where can I get that part and where can I find the part number. I would have reused the parts but the axle was bent so most of them had to be cut off in order to get the backing plate off. I've bought everything else new and that is the only part I need to get the truck on the road.(as long as the housing isn't bent)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts